Author Topic: GSX installation issue **SOLVED**  (Read 2328 times)

Dylan

GSX installation issue **SOLVED**
« on: January 03, 2022, 02:18:23 pm »
Hello,

I recently bought GSX and GSX level 2 and have been trying to install it. After running the installer and going into fsx, there are no pop ups to trust the modules, addon manager and there other engine also didn’t appear under fsx addon menu. Addon Manager is installed in program files x86. I have tried reinstalling fsx and GSX, checking the trusted/untrusted publishers, simconnect etc. Is there something that I did wrong? Thanks for the help.

Dylan
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 01:52:01 pm by virtuali »
Dylan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installation issue
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 05:15:41 pm »
The lack of the Trust question from Windows indicates one of the following:

- You placed VIRTUALI under the Trusted publishers sections, so no question will be made again to trust a module signed by us, and the module will be ALLOWED. I guess this is not the case because, if it was, everything would work, even without having seen a Trust question.

- You placed VIRTUALI under the Untrusted publishers sections, so no question will be made again to trust a module signed by us, which will be automatically BLOCKED. Be absolutely sure you haven't done that.

- The antivirus is blocking the module even *before* they have a chance to ask for permission to run. This is by far the most common case of not seeing the question. In this case, configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder added to the Antivirus EXCLUSION, and run the FSDT Live Updater again.

Dylan

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 05:33:05 pm »
Ok will try again when I get the chance to thank you!
Dylan

Dylan

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 02:01:05 am »
Hi again,

GSX worked for a short while before I had to reinstall it due to an fsx message that crashes fsx.
I did everything again and i accepted when they said run coutl and the bgl but it is not in addon modules. Will appreciate more help thank you.

Dylan
Dylan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 03:29:34 pm »
- Configure the antivirus to be sure the WHOLE Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS.

- Reinstall GSX or run the FSDT Live Update again.

Dylan

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 04:45:33 pm »
Hello again,

I gave up on installing after awhile but I have decided to try again. I have done everything above . After looking at forums I realised I had to install Qw757 before GSX. I have reinstalled everything but still had the problem so I activated couatl error logs. The error log states that bglmanx non ready yet, waiting. How would I go about fixing this? Thank you again.

Dylan
Dylan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 04:51:40 pm »
Uninstall the QW757 and be sure you get the latest version.  If you used an old installer, which came with an older version of the Addon Manager that is not supported anymore, will likely conflict with it.

During the Uninstall, if it asks if you want to remove the Addon Manager, SAY YES.

Then, reinstall GSX again and be *absolutely* sure the Addon Manager folder is added to the antivirus Exclusion BEFORE installing it.

Dylan

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2022, 11:40:40 am »
Hello, dried the reinstall with qw757. Still does not work. I am going to dry the dependency walker Utility to check for currupted runtike libraries, but is there any other solution. I have followed everything above exactly.
Dylan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2022, 12:27:30 pm »
Try to remove all versions ( there might be more than one ) of the VC++ 2005 and 2013 runtime libraries from the Windows Control Panel, then RESTART WINDOWS ( this is important ).

Then, reinstall GSX again, which will reinstall the correct version of the VC++ libraries and RESTART WINDOWS AGAIN, see if it works now.

Dylan

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2022, 03:41:30 pm »
Yea, still doesn’t work. It worked before I installed the qw757 in, could it be a problem with that? (Even though I reinstalled everything from scratch). Bglmanx trust popup was shown and accepted, however nothing loaded in the addon menu. Couatl.log shows bglmanx was not ready. Dependency Walker said that it was not a valid 32/64 bit windows module. Runtime libraries all installed correctly and addon manager excluded from antivirus. Corrupt bglmanx?
Dylan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2022, 09:40:28 pm »
It worked before I installed the qw757 in, could it be a problem with that?

Sure, if you installed an old version, which downgraded the dll. A current version don't come or use the old Addon Manager anymore, it doesn't even use any Addon manager.

The only possible reason for this, is you haven't really removed the version installed by QW. Try to remove every copy bglmanx.dll you find in the sim folder manually, then run the FSDT Live Update, which should restore the latest version.

Dylan

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2022, 12:32:57 pm »
I have tried everything are there other reasons why bglmanx doesn’t start up?
Dylan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2022, 03:43:14 pm »
- Antivirus blocking

- VC++ runtimes missing or corrupted.

Dylan

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2022, 01:34:01 pm »
Hi, fixed the problem. The anti-virus blocked it from running even though I put it in exceptions, thanks for all the help!!!!
Dylan