Author Topic: Fuel Truck not showing up when Stairs in place **SOLVED**  (Read 2284 times)

Fragtality

Fuel Truck not showing up when Stairs in place **SOLVED**
« on: February 03, 2022, 04:28:01 pm »
I've moved it to new Topic to avoid confusion ;)

When I call the Fuel Truck (no Underground Fuel) with the Stairs already in Place, the Truck does not show up. Although GSX reacts to the Request (moving the third Stair from L4) and reporting that the Truck is on its way.
When I call the Fuel Truck without Stairs in place, I can immediately see it being on the way (I know where the Spawn Location is).

Procedure:
- Started a whole new Session without any of my Tools/Scripts interacting with GSX or QW787 being started
- Waited for the QW Init to Finish
- Set Chocks and Ext Power via QW Menu
- Applied Power (Battery and FWD Ext)
- Called Stairs (waited for them to finish)
- Called Truck
==> No Truck
(Parking Stand - so only Stairs and no Underground Fuel, Show Dialog is disabled in Airplane Config (not configured in the same session), Always progessively and detect custom are disabled)

While on the First Leg it is at least bearable (however the Pilots, Ground-Engineers and there like get in there ...), on a Turn-Around this is not acceptable and therefor a Bug imho. The Stairs are in Place after Deboarding and the very next Thing to do is to call the Fuel-Truck - which will then never show up :/

Edit: The Problem or part of it seems to be that when the third Stair for L4 is moved, "FSDT_GSX_STAIRS" stays in state 4/moving. So it seems the truck is not triggered because the Stair is still moving (which is not).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 06:46:51 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel Truck not showing up when Stairs in place
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 09:37:53 pm »
Have you maybe disabled the stair in the scenery customization ?

Fragtality

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 10:00:07 pm »
No - the only thing I configured: disabled the "..show Dialog.." Aircraft Option. Because I have a custom Fuel System for the QW787 ;)

I've tested it once if disabling the Door L4 does anything. Although the Stair for that Door would not show up as expected, the Fuel Truck is not arriving.
I'll can retest that Scenario if that is of any help? Didn't monitor the Variables at that Time.

Fragtality

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2022, 03:41:10 pm »
I've tested a bit further - it does not make a difference if the third Stair is available or not! (meaning L4 is enabled / removed in Aircraft Customization for the QW787)
The Problem seems to be with Door L2!

When Deboard is finished (FSDT_GSX_DEBOARDING_STATE== 6) and I call Refuel, I can see the Toggle Requests from GSX for L1 and L4 (if avail/configured) and let the Doors close automatically. But there is no Trigger for L2! Even in the Menu there is no Text "waiting for ...".
Even when I now go ahead and close L2 manually and even say "Operate Stairs" to GSX - nothing will be moving. It is stuck, the State for FSDT_GSX_STAIRS will stay in 5 and FSDT_GSX_REFUELING_STATE will stay in 4 (no it is not that I not waited long enough). No Stair moving, no Truck coming. The only Difference with L4: the third Stair is indeed moved.

GSX clearly wants to have all Stairs removed (for whatever Reason), but does not "handle" L2 in that Case (not sending Trigger, not checking State). For Boarding or Deboarding (== 4 or 5) it does send Triggers for L2 and checks the State normally.

I've worked my way around now, with operating the Stairs as soon as Deboarding is finished. In that case GSX does send a Trigger for L2 just like normal. All Stairs are moving to their Park (State goes to 1) and calling the Refuel then is working normally.

When starting in a "Departure State" (GSX Ground-Handling active / Vehicles in Park-Position) and then calling the Stairs and then Refuel it is even worse: no Trigger is received, no Stairs moving, no Truck coming.

GSX in general does not want to have the Stairs in Place while Refueling. But I find it a bit unrealistic that no Stairs are connected to the Plane until it is boarded - Is the plane prepared for Flight by an invisible Hand? Do the Pilots, Ground-Personel or Engineers "beam" into the Plane? It would be nice to have at least the L1 Door connected/in Place!  :D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2022, 02:05:49 pm »
GSX in general does not want to have the Stairs in Place while Refueling

Yes, and that's of course it's obviously intentional because, depending on the refueling side, the passenger stair might be in the way of the refueling truck so, the only safest way is send them away during refueling.

But of course, it shouldn't result in the program stuck as you described so yes, we'll check this.

Fragtality

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2022, 03:03:40 pm »
Yes, and that's of course it's obviously intentional because, depending on the refueling side, the passenger stair might be in the way of the refueling truck so, the only safest way is send them away during refueling.
Hmm okay makes sense ... but why does GSX care with the Fuel Truck and Stairs and for e.g. not for Fuel Truck and Baggage Loading (driving through each other when the refuel side is there)? Or the GPU drive right through the Main Gear?
Maybe with the Stairs there would be some kind of compromise possible - to leave the L1 Door in Place?

But of course, it shouldn't result in the program stuck as you described so yes, we'll check this.
Greath, thanks!  :)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2022, 04:05:21 pm »
Hmm okay makes sense ... but why does GSX care with the Fuel Truck and Stairs and for e.g. not for Fuel Truck and Baggage Loading (driving through each other when the refuel side is there)?
The cargo loaders are also pulled back from the plane once the unloading is completed and reposition back to the plane once loading is started. Do keep in mind that the vehicles don't know where the other vehicles are, and they have defined paths that they travel on, so if you have one that's badly parked, they might collide.
Captain Kevin

Fragtality

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2022, 04:59:07 pm »
The cargo loaders are also pulled back from the plane once the unloading is completed and reposition back to the plane once loading is started. Do keep in mind that the vehicles don't know where the other vehicles are, and they have defined paths that they travel on, so if you have one that's badly parked, they might collide.
What is the Point you're trying to make respectively what you try to explain with that?

I'm fully aware on how the Loaders act, I'm using GSX for three years now ;)
Also that the Vehicles can collide and there will be probably never a solution to this - Umberto explained that several times here on why and what the "challenges" are.

My Point is not to avoid the Collisions.
The Question was, why GSX in on Case tries to avoid the Collisions (e.g. through pulling back Stairs) and in other Cases just let them happen (GPU in Main-Gear or Refuel-Truck and Baggage Loading active on the same side at the same time).
So if it has to be accepted, that Collisions can happen, why it is then actively avoided with the Stairs?
I'm completely fine with the Collisions happening - if one uses GSX long enough, the User should know where to Place the Vehicles and when to call what to minimize the Collisions.

I understand Umbertos/FSDT reasoning behind pulling back all Stairs (I think at least) - surely there would be a Thread then like "Fuel-Truck moving through L4 Stair" xD
That's why asked for some kind of comprise (to let L1 Stair in Place) that could work (hopefully) for most users. A) For Users how find it unrealistic to have no Stairs in Place (my Case) and B) for Users who don't like the Fuel-Truck driving through the Stairs.

Hope I could make it bit clearer what I meant?  :)

@Umberto:
If I can test anything that can help you analyzing that better, just drop a line!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2022, 05:02:06 pm by Fragtality »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2022, 05:03:53 am »
What is the Point you're trying to make respectively what you try to explain with that?
You asked why GSX cares about the stairs being in the way of the fuel truck, but not the cargo loaders being in the way of the fuel truck. I answered that question. GSX does, in fact, care about them being in the way, that's why they get pulled back from the plane.
Captain Kevin

Fragtality

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 03:22:30 pm »
I think, in our both interest, it is best to end our Discussion here. We apparently both don't understand what the other one is saying/asking, so other than "bad Vibes" we can't gain anything here.

The Main Issue is acknowledged and will be looked after, so basically everything is (or will be) fine :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2022, 06:46:33 pm »
We found the bug, which happened only with airplanes with all 3 passenger stairs configured, which resulted in the Fuel Truck not starting if the stairs were called manually with the "Operate Stairs" command.

It's should be fixed now, with today's Live Update.

Fragtality

Re: Fuel Truck not showing up when Stairs in place **SOLVED**
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2022, 02:12:42 pm »
Yep, works! Thanks for looking into this!! :)

I'll call Scotty to beam the Flight-Crew and other Service Personell into / out of the Plane  ;D

hargetnj

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2022, 09:22:44 pm »
Not sure, but I did run the update and have been attempting to do a Key West turn. I've requested boarding and it will not start, or it has loaded passengers but will not load bags. This is using airstairs with the FSLabs A319.

Fragtality

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2022, 12:22:50 pm »
Do you have any Steps to reproduce that?
Just tested (A320SL, Parking Stand) with Deboard (let it finish) and then Calling Refuel, Catering and Boarding in parallel an every Service finished.