Author Topic: Jetways floating at LEBL, not fixed by clicking on Airport Elevation  (Read 2113 times)

hkhoanguyen

Hello,

I have an elevation issue at LEBL, the jetways are floating,

I fixed that problem by clicking on the airplane (Airport Elevation)

the new line of elevation=xxxx is added into GSX.ini file, however everytime the sim is loaded or restart Couatl, the jetways float again. everytime i have to click on airport elevation to fix it.

Could you please helo me to figure out why the elevation is not working correctly ?

In the attachment, my GSX.ini file.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways floating at LEBL, not fixed by clicking on Airport Elevation
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 10:32:40 pm »
Since you just said "LEBL", should I assume you mean the default LEBL ? If not, please clarify exactly which scenery you mean. And, you haven't said which simulator you use.

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2022, 10:37:35 pm »
Hello, sorry forgot to mention my sim is p3d v5 and simwings aerosoft LEBL

srcooke

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 10:04:07 am »
A known issue first raised in May 2020 and posted HERE
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 10:12:37 am »

And as I've said in that post, it shouldn't happen, since zeroes after the last digits of the decimal places shouldn't have any influence.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 10:21:45 am »

Ok, I checked your .INI file, and it has some issues. It must have been made with a *very* old version of GSX, because jetwaylogos are called with their full name, and this format hasn't used in a long while, since it's much better to store just the operator's name and have the jetway model itself know which logo model to use.

GSX is supposed to convert automatically these legacy files but, in addition to that, the file was made for P3DV4, which support custom textures while P3D V5 doesn't. Again, even in this case GSX will automatically convert .INI files that use custom textures by scanning all gates that had one, replacing them with the default texture for the airport.

When it does this, it will create a COPY of the .INI file as soon as you edit it ( so you won't lose the P3D V4 version ), with the parameter "p3d5only = 1" in the [General] section, so P3D V5 will use this one, and P3D V4 the old one. But since the p3d5only = 1 is missing from your file, it seems the two issues combined are preventing to use the .INI file at all, that's why you fix the problem momentarily, by it's not loaded, something must have gone wrong in the conversion.

What happens if you remove all .INI files for that airport and try from scratch ? Are you able to save the elevation ?

srcooke

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2022, 10:37:23 am »

And as I've said in that post, it shouldn't happen, since zeroes after the last digits of the decimal places shouldn't have any influence.

Right, but there is no resolution to these Simwings sceneries in P3Dv5
Regards
Stephen Cooke

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2022, 02:15:52 pm »

Ok, I checked your .INI file, and it has some issues. It must have been made with a *very* old version of GSX, because jetwaylogos are called with their full name, and this format hasn't used in a long while, since it's much better to store just the operator's name and have the jetway model itself know which logo model to use.

GSX is supposed to convert automatically these legacy files but, in addition to that, the file was made for P3DV4, which support custom textures while P3D V5 doesn't. Again, even in this case GSX will automatically convert .INI files that use custom textures by scanning all gates that had one, replacing them with the default texture for the airport.

When it does this, it will create a COPY of the .INI file as soon as you edit it ( so you won't lose the P3D V4 version ), with the parameter "p3d5only = 1" in the [General] section, so P3D V5 will use this one, and P3D V4 the old one. But since the p3d5only = 1 is missing from your file, it seems the two issues combined are preventing to use the .INI file at all, that's why you fix the problem momentarily, by it's not loaded, something must have gone wrong in the conversion.

What happens if you remove all .INI files for that airport and try from scratch ? Are you able to save the elevation ?

I tried again from scratch two times yesterday, yes it is the old file, I also see that the p3Dv5only is added into my ini, according to what you said, if the line p3Dv5only is set in ini, then the elevation should be saved ? in my case no, after restarting coualt, the jetways float again :(

hkhoanguyen

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 02:25:03 pm »
By setting the elevation = 0, the issue is fixed, but then the jetways dont move anymore (no option to select jetways)