Author Topic: Jetways not responding  (Read 1919 times)

Calfirst 73

Jetways not responding
« on: January 25, 2022, 07:21:31 pm »
Hello and I apoligize for this redundant question but I just can't seem to figure out how to get the jetways to respond and connect/disconnect to the jet. I think FSDT ground service is one of the greatest additions ever for FSX...it's just what I was looking for to enhance my flight sim..FSX...Anyway I've purchased the base pack and expansion pack ...registered both with no problem...have sode 1.7 installed. The GSX window comes up and everything seems to work..Catering truck..etc...except the jetways do not move...I click on the jetway to connect and the message says ..Jetway operating but there is no movement..I know this has somethig to do with SODE..when I click on their menu..it says .."All availabel doors are already served"??...I think I read that the GSX platform manager has to recognize SODE..but I have no idea where the Platform Manager is located...I'm determined to get this right..this is too good of a program to waste....I would appreciate any help  and let's get this working!!!thank much

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways not responding
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 01:45:07 am »
You haven't supplied the most important information:

- WHICH airport you are using, and which kind of jetway it comes with ?

Calfirst 73

Re: Jetways NOW responding!!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 10:16:16 pm »
Thanks for the reply...well I hope I've discovered something that everyone can perform if they're having trouble with the jetways not moving...first my airports are Chicago Midway and Ohare...so when I'm at the gate I switch to the spot plane view and set it up behind the aircraft looking down so I can see the jetway go through it's process of moving to the door...once again nothing happened although GSX said the jetway was operating...so I decided to move around the spot view to the front of the aircraft and lo and behold..the jetway activated and moved right into it's position at the door...so I don't know if that helps but I guess your viewing preference and angle allows the jetways to move. I tried this several times and each time I moved the spot view around..the jetway responded...I'm clueless as to why but I'm extremely happy that the jetways now work...hope this helps someone also...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 10:18:55 pm by Calfirst 73 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2022, 10:23:06 pm »
You still haven't provided the information I asked for:

- Which airport is that, and which kind of jetways it comes with.

Because, saying "Chicago Midway" or "O'Hare", doesn't really tell much, unless you meant that, not having specified any developer, it should be assumed it's the default scenery. The reason of the question, is trying to understand if what you are looking at are in fact GSX Level 2 jetways.

Calfirst 73

Re: Jetways now responding
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2022, 05:00:18 pm »
Sorry about that ..I'm using Drzewiecki Design ..Chicago X airports...like I said the jetways are now working as I adjust my "spot view" from viewing above and back of plane to above and front of plane....just amazed at how the commands bring baggage vehicles and driver..also catering truck and watching the helper pushing the carts into the plane!!..and also the de-boarding process with the people exiting the plane...and finally the push-back process...just fantastic...FSDT really completes the total involvement of the flight sim fantasy. One thing I did notice is when I start the luggage load/unload process..the conveyor truck with driver responds..however when the baggage carts come there is no vehicle in front driving them..they just move by themselves....I must be missing something or is there a way to make the trucks appear in front of the baggage carts?? thanks again for any help...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways now responding
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2022, 05:12:37 pm »
Sorry about that ..I'm using Drzewiecki Design ..Chicago X airports...like I said the jetways are now working as I adjust my "spot view" from viewing above and back of plane to above and front of plane...

Which confirms the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX. On 3rd party sceneries, GSX DO NOT touch/change jetways, which can be of two kinds:

- SODE ( I think DD designs sceneries are made like this ), which are created by the scenery itself, not part of GSX.

- Standard (CTRL+J) with custom models, which are completely unrelated to GSX, and are not replaced by GSX, unless you go through a specific procedure to first exclude the jetways, then add them back with GSX.

One thing I did notice is when I start the luggage load/unload process..the conveyor truck with driver responds..however when the baggage carts come there is no vehicle in front driving them..they just move by themselves....I must be missing something or is there a way to make the trucks appear in front of the baggage carts??

There is a truck in front of the carts, of course, and nobody ever reported it missing before. This, coupled with your issues with jetways visibility ( completely unrelated to GSX ), seems to indicate you have a problem with your FSX settings that affects visibility of objects.

Try to reset your FSX.CFG to default, by removing it. FSX will create a new one but then, you'll have to reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its objects ( their paths are added to the FSX.CFG by the GSX installer.

Calfirst 73

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 06:16:54 pm »
Hello again and once again thank you for responding realizing how busy you are with these questions...very much appreciated

Calfirst 73

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 06:23:55 pm »
Sorry...hit the wrong button...I tried what you suggested reloading the FSX con.fig file and still see no trucks in front of the baggage carts...everything else works as I customize gate areas...conveyor belt trucks...push back trucks...stairs and operational jetways...just can't see any baggage trucks....baggage carts also move but without the cart trucks...any other ideas you have regarding this....it's no a major problem but it would be nice to see them....still..really impressed at GSX and what it does for the flight sim experience...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 07:39:57 pm »
If you restarted the FSX.CFG, try to apply the HIGHMEMFIX=1 setting, which sometimes fixes issues with objects.