Author Topic: FSDT Live Updater keeps crashing  (Read 14285 times)

Mcbreak1

Re: FSDT Live Updater keeps crashing
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2022, 05:39:05 pm »
I'm having the same issue.

AWG56Captain

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2022, 05:59:09 pm »
I am having a similar problem, was fine until the update.
I have tried uninstalling, adding the folder to my firewall/internet security
Initially got stuck at Geneva - said airports.bin in use by another programme, now just CTD almost immediately

I am getting this:
Faulting application name: Couatl_Updater2.exe, version: 2.0.2.15, time stamp: 0x62086015
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1466, time stamp: 0xc79f51a9
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012b662
Faulting process ID: 0x3fe0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d820fa50ab877a
Faulting application path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl_Updater2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 09f4321d-3ac3-47f0-8536-b07fb545b846
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:02:25 pm by AWG56Captain »

neokles

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2022, 05:59:58 pm »
Same problem here I am afraid. No errors reported in event manager or on screen
Installer suddenly disappears on step 1
I am disabling Avast before update and running update with admin rights.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2022, 06:13:21 pm »
Installer suddenly disappears on step 1I am disabling Avast before update and running update with admin rights.

I see in your screenshot is trying to update the GSX Control Panel, which is an .EXE file so, most likely, it's the antivirus freaking out, because it's an .EXE.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Run the update again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2022, 07:09:19 pm »
I've merged all the identical threads about the Live Update crashing into this one, because people continuing to open new threads without checking if the same issue already has a thread opened, makes the forum very difficult to read.

I tried to re-install again windows but I have the same problem.

Are you sure you ran the updater today ? We had another fix that should, in theory, fix that error at start.

If that still doesn't work, you can try using the new Universal installer, which seem to have fixed the issue for several users. Here's the link to the Universal Installer, which has been posted before:

http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/FSDT_Universal_Installer.exe
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 07:15:51 pm by virtuali »

neokles

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2022, 07:21:08 pm »
- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus Exclusions.
That's in place already

simone.catalano2511

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2022, 07:41:48 pm »
I've merged all the identical threads about the Live Update crashing into this one, because people continuing to open new threads without checking if the same issue already has a thread opened, makes the forum very difficult to read.

I tried to re-install again windows but I have the same problem.

Are you sure you ran the updater today ? We had another fix that should, in theory, fix that error at start.

If that still doesn't work, you can try using the new Universal installer, which seem to have fixed the issue for several users. Here's the link to the Universal Installer, which has been posted before:

Finally resolved the issue with this installer.

Grazie

Beaufort

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2022, 07:42:38 pm »
Mine disappears from the desktop after "step 8 of 35". Declared as exception in Antivirus and run als admin, even with Antivirus inactive. And already installed the today linked universal installer. Is that a malfunction or is just not more to do (but why then 8 of 35?). Should the window not stay open and to be closed with "Exit"?
EDIT: I now saw Umberto´s post:
"he new updater doesn't require you to click the Exit button, which wasn't really needed, since the update process ended anyway so now, it just exits automatically when it's done. "
So only remaining the question: Is it o.k. I cannot see the steps 9 to 35 run as they are probably not necessary and all is o.k.?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 07:51:20 pm by Beaufort »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2022, 11:16:29 pm »
EDIT: I now saw Umberto´s post: "he new updater doesn't require you to click the Exit button, which wasn't really needed, since the update process ended anyway so now, it just exits automatically when it's done. "

Since this seems to have confused too many people, not being sure if it exited intentionally because it was done, or it just crashed to desktop because of an error, we mad a change to have the new update work as the previous version, so it WILL wait to press the Exit button and the end of the process now.

So only remaining the question: Is it o.k. I cannot see the steps 9 to 35 run as they are probably not necessary and all is o.k.?

Yes, of course it's ok, and in this case is exactly the same as with the previous version, just this time the steps are only 35, instead of more than 500 like they use to to be, because many tasks which were previously listed as separate steps, are now grouped together. I don't think it was useful to have the GSX Traffic Cone being listed as separate step as the GSX Marshaller, and grouping many steps together is also result in faster processing.

Which means, as in the previous version, the only way to see all 500+ steps performed was to have *every* FSDT product installed, both in FSX/P3D and MSFS as well, now it's the same, just with 35 steps.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 12:06:07 am by virtuali »

Mark4114

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2022, 12:45:36 am »
Great i solved the issue I had

1 Download and ran the standalone  updater ( link in of the messages above)
2 Start the live updater with admin rights.

That was all

Mark

neokles

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2022, 09:44:45 am »
Good morning

It is now working. I don't know if you changed something on the installer or is due to the fact that Avast updated itself overnight (or both)

I will test the results in P3D tonight. Thanks again

kseguin

« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2022, 05:13:06 am »
Hello, Just did a fresh install of P3DV5 and adding all of my FSDT addons.

I usually start with GSX and then go from there with adding airports. After downloading and installing GSX when loading the sim and trying to activate GSX, I get a warning that the couatl is not running and it gives the suggestion to exclude the Addon Manager from the antivirus (which I always do anyway). So I exit the sim and attempt the Live update. The program opens and then immediately closes, does not go through the normal update process I remember with the Live Updater. Open the sim and same issue when trying to activate GSX - couatl not running. Try Live Updater again with same issue - closes almost immediately.  So, I checked that the Addon Manager was in fact excluded which it is. Un-installed GSX and Addon Manager, Restart windows, and turned off the Firewall to redownload and install. Same result. Tried with a different product (KCLT and then KORD), all are the same problem - seems to install fine but then when I go to activate I get the error about couatl and when I try Live Update same issue with it closing right away. One thing that may be worth noting - I think I remember that during the install process the installer would usually automatically run the Live Updater at the end, I did notice it try to do this (with KCLT and KORD) but it also seemed like the Live Updater wasn't working during the install process, let alone when I attempt to run it using the desktop shortcut.

Looking for guidance. Haven't tried it with any other product, I just figured I wouldn't bother going down the list and trying to install them all if its a Live Update or couatl issue as I would probably get the same result.

Thank You,
Kristopher Seguin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2022, 09:23:21 am »
Looking for guidance. Haven't tried it with any other product, I just figured I wouldn't bother going down the list and trying to install them all if its a Live Update or couatl issue as I would probably get the same result.

I merged your post into the proper thread about the Live Update. If you checked this post, most user that had issues running the Live Update, fixed it by using the new FSDT Universal Installer:

neokles

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2022, 06:01:05 pm »
Update problem is back  :(
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 06:03:23 pm by neokles »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2022, 06:04:58 pm »
Update problem is back  :(

Update works just fine. As usual:

- Configure the antivirus and add the whole Addon Manager to the antivirus Exclusions.

- Be sure the firewall is not interfering

- Run the FSDT LIve Live Update or, as indicated in the previous post, install the FSDT Universal Installer.