Author Topic: GSX Quick Edit Pushback Controls  (Read 46289 times)

ericbolt

GSX Quick Edit Pushback Controls
« on: September 09, 2019, 03:16:38 pm »
Where can I find the controls for quick edit pushback? I can click to select where I want the airplane, but I don't know how to "enter" it so that GSX pushbacks to that area I selected.

Thanks

Timonier

Re: GSX Quick Edit Pushback Controls
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 07:52:16 pm »
Hi Eric,

Umberto has already answered ... see his answer below :

The manual hasn't been updated with the new QuickEdit Pushback function.

However, if the issue it's just knowing which KEYS you should use, they are exactly the same keys used in the normal Custom Pushback editor, which are indicated in the manual, and the camera keys are the standard keys used by the simulator so, an updated manual, when controls are discussed, would probably just say "they controls are the same used by the standard editor".

In addition to that, the controls themselves are the same as in Slew mode so, assuming you haven't changed them, they are:

- Arrows NumPad keys to move the selected object, which can be either the final pushback position or the Corner node. With P3D4.4+ you can click the mouse to set it.

- 1 or 3 NumPad keys to rotate the final pushback position. F7/F8 will rotate it faster, at snapped angles. With P3D4.4+ you can rotate with the Mouse Wheel.

- Y key exits and continue with the pushback.

Good luck
Marc

kutyafal

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2022, 05:47:24 pm »
Sorry to raise an old thread but I have a related question that was not asked/answered. I just started to use the "Quick Edit" feature and my question is when you're in the default top-down view during editing, how do you move/slew the view sideways/up-down? Just today I was editing a push-back path and the final destination point was far enough that it was either not visible if zoomed in or I had to zoom out too far to see exactly if the point is on the taxi line. So can you slew the view around so it's directly over the selected final destination point for more accurate editing? It seems the view always stays centered directly over the plane current position.

Thanks for any tips!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2022, 06:07:22 pm »
You are not saying which simulator you use.

If you use P3D 4.5 or better, it supports custom Camera Views, which are used a lot in GSX, usually to see vehicles from better perspective but, while editing, some editor-specific custom camera views are added, one of them called "Editor" is pointing on the "point" being edited, which in case of the Pushback is the currently selected waypoint OR the airplane final destination, which can be set very precisely with this camera.

In FSX or P3D versions older than 4.5, there's no Camera API, so there are no Custom cameras, and no mouse support while editing either.

kutyafal

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 01:59:31 pm »
Oh, sorry, P3D v5 here. I'll check out those custom cameras. That should do the trick. Thanks!