Developer's Backdoor > GSX Backdoor

GSX with MSFS

<< < (3/4) > >>

rcoultas62:
Umberto,

…As "competition is the mother of invention". Do you believe now that X-Plane12 is seemingly starting to aggressively market their update, that this could light a proverbial "fire" under MSFS's seat? And, X-Plane12 might finally start to encourage Asobo to deal with these long overdue "shortcomings"?

I personally don't use X-Plane currently (for no particular reason other than I don't care to maintain multiple platforms at this time), but it still appears to have a very large user base.

It also seems, after reading some forums, that MSFS is really starting to aggravate and frustrate many flight simmers and developers. I'm afraid that this could start driving more, and more people away from MSFS. As you stated
--- Quote ---they don't seem to be very interested to spend too much time on SDK
--- End quote ---

As a very long time flight simmer, I too am trying to be patient. But in reality aircraft wise, FBW's Airbus is the only aircraft that is keeping me on MSFS right now.

Thank you for all of your hardwork. I love all of my FSDreamTeam products and hope your frustration comes to an end as well.

ahuimanu:
Umberto, I will be more specific...

Yes, you continue to support GSX/GSX2 and I appreciate it.  If you want to charge for the updates, I'd gladly do so to support that work (honestly).

However, you refuse to update older sceneries (KCLT) in P3D, which is your choice and right, in favor of the new sim.  However, for me, that is placing MOST of your eggs in the MSFS basket as regards to what appears to be the primary footprint of your business - scenery.  This was my point.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: ahuimanu on February 19, 2022, 04:08:52 pm ---However, you refuse to update older sceneries (KCLT) in P3D, which is your choice and right, in favor of the new sim.  However, for me, that is placing MOST of your eggs in the MSFS basket as regards to what appears to be the primary footprint of your business - scenery.  This was my point.
--- End quote ---

The point is, you cannot make a point, without knowing what we know which is, you know, actual sales figures of, let's say, GSX compared against sceneries.

So yes, continuing to support P3D with GSX for us is NOT "putting all our eggs in one basket", but rather the opposite, because GSX is a far bigger deal than any scenery can possibly be.

Florida1146:
Well, I've been "away" for awhile, as FSX got first sidelined while working with MSFS2020, and then removed from my machine. But FSDT is sorely missed - I went and grabbed KEYW to keep FSDT in the loop. And then I wanted to check in and find out what was up with GSX.

Glad to hear you're working on it, and sad to learn that MS/Asobo isn't exactly cooperating. Like you, I feel they're letting X-Box issues get in the way. But I'm a patient guy, and I know you won't let us have it until you've got it done right.

pchitkara:
A look at the number of objects GSX scans in an update check, one will realize the sheer number. If all of that has to be done from scratch, doing it the right way is bound to take time. Add the new complexities brought by a new platform, one gets the idea or should get the idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version