Author Topic: GSX crashes when I upload a new handling logo  (Read 1864 times)

alpet

GSX crashes when I upload a new handling logo
« on: December 26, 2021, 04:13:47 pm »
Hello FSDT,

When I try to upload a new logo (for example, for Krasnodar URKK airport but it does not really matter - it crashes the same way in any airport) I get the attached error.

Also, if you agree to restart GSX after that crash, a customizing menu starts to look weird in terms of choosig basic colors for vehicles.

It used to work perfectly before, and I did not instally any new scenery or aircrafts since that time. And of course I'm running the latest version of GSX.

This is Prepar3D v4.5.HF3 if that makes sense.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 04:15:35 pm by alpet »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX crashes when I upload a new handling logo
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2021, 04:30:05 pm »
I wonder if GSX can even support a logo size that big. The one I have is 1024x256.
Captain Kevin

alpet

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2021, 04:41:50 pm »
I have reduced it to 360x90 but it didn't help at all...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2021, 05:06:12 pm »
The size of your SOURCE .PNG doesn't matter because, regardless how big it is, it will be resized to a maximum of 1024x256. Obviously, it must be 4:1 aspect ratio, so yours is just fine.

After you see the error asking to open the error log, reply No to the question about seeing the error log, and YES to the question to restart Couatl. Then, before doing anything else, choose "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" and WAIT until you see the message the cache regeneration has completed.

Now you should see your custom texture available in the list of operators (or jetways, if you wanted to use for a jetway).

alpet

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2021, 05:25:18 pm »
The size of your SOURCE .PNG doesn't matter because, regardless how big it is, it will be resized to a maximum of 1024x256. Obviously, it must be 4:1 aspect ratio, so yours is just fine.

After you see the error asking to open the error log, reply No to the question about seeing the error log, and YES to the question to restart Couatl. Then, before doing anything else, choose "Restart Couatl and rebuild the airport cache" and WAIT until you see the message the cache regeneration has completed.

Now you should see your custom texture available in the list of operators (or jetways, if you wanted to use for a jetway).
Thank you Umberto, it helped. Seems to be a sort of bug though?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 05:49:51 pm »
Thank you Umberto, it helped. Seems to be a sort of bug though?

Basically, yes, it's likely because due to the grown number of objects added with upgrades, the routine to recreate the model cache, which is supposed to start as soon you close the scenery customization dialog to apply your changes, is taking longer than expected, because there it tried to rebuild it without rebuilding the airport cache too while closing the dialog at the same time, which seem to cause problems, so the restart workaround fixed it.