Author Topic: Couatl err every load **SOLVED**  (Read 1999 times)

Berzerker

Couatl err every load **SOLVED**
« on: December 20, 2021, 10:39:12 pm »
Getting this error every load, causes couatl to not load properly. Any fix other than completely reinstalling GSX? I've tried restarting the sim and the computer as well as running Live Update

Code: [Select]
couatl v4.0 (build 4612)
panic log started on Mon Dec 20 16:37:58 2021

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 625, in setJetwayAirlineCode
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 669, in getModelForCouatlType
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 638, in getModelsForCouatlType
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 493, in _cache
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 545, in _loadCacheFromPath
  File ".\common\modelCustomization.py", line 603, in _loadLiveriesForModel
RuntimeError: this tasklet is taking too much time to execute
{}
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 09:52:29 am by virtuali »

otterspotter

Re: Couatl err every load
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 08:16:23 am »
I'm seeing the same issue after installing Hawaiian Airports 1 & 2 in P3D4 and running Live Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2021, 03:09:11 pm »
I can't reproduce the problem, see the attached screenshot I just took at PHLI:

- Are you sure you run the latest update and the updated is both excluded by the antivirus and not blocked by the firewall ?

- Is this happening at a specific airport or everywhere ?

otterspotter

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2021, 05:43:07 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the feedback.  I did run the Live Update again with antivirus turned off and I was still getting the Couatl errors as shown by Berzerker above, both at FSDT airports (PHTO, KIAH) and default (KVPS).  When at PHTO, I was not only getting Couatl errors, but my UTLive2 installation was repeatedly trying to initialize too and couldn't (not sure if there's a conflict).

Then I noticed that the GSX menu in the P3D's Add-On menu had only one option, Enable, although I don't remember disabling it previously.  After enabling GSX, Couatl stopped crashing and the GSX and FSDT airports are fully functional.

Not sure what happened here.  I started getting the Couatl errors after installing Flight Sim Jewels' Hawaii Plus photoreal package, disabling the necessary files for it to play well with Orbx's Cityscape Honolulu and FSDT PHNL (which I had installed previously), and installing the FSDT Hawaiian airports on top of that.  Because these packages had to be set in specific order in the Scenery Library and they use different installation methods (FSJ as Addon Scenery, Orbx and FSDT via addon.xml), I had to use Lorby-SI's Addon Organizer to change the order.  It showed my FSDT scenery entries as duplicated, so I used the option to remove duplicates, but I'm not sure if that contributed to the issue.  I looked at add-ons.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml and couldn't see anything wrong with them.

Regardless, I'm happy to have my sim and my add-ons back.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2021, 09:52:23 am »
Then I noticed that the GSX menu in the P3D's Add-On menu had only one option, Enable, although I don't remember disabling it previously.  After enabling GSX, Couatl stopped crashing and the GSX and FSDT airports are fully functional.

That was it: you must have disabled it inadvertently.

Not sure what happened here.  I started getting the Couatl errors after installing Flight Sim Jewels' Hawaii Plus photoreal package, disabling the necessary files for it to play well with Orbx's Cityscape Honolulu and FSDT PHNL (which I had installed previously), and installing the FSDT Hawaiian airports on top of that. 

It's likely you used the Disabled option in the "Addons" menu, and ended up disabling GSX, instead of disabling the sceneries you need to disable from the OPTIONS->Add-ons menu instead.