Author Topic: Relocating Addon Manager to a different Drive  (Read 2176 times)

simpilot2450

Relocating Addon Manager to a different Drive
« on: December 23, 2021, 10:11:48 pm »
The addon manager is currently installed on my c: drive at C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. Because of this my FSDT sceneries are installed and stored in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS folder.

I have limited drive space on my C drive and I would like to move the addon manager to my D drive into a folder named FS DreamTeam. How can I do this so the FSDT Live Updater will work properly?

Do I do an uninstall of the addon manger? If so

How do I uninstall the addon manager ? There are six unins files in the addon manager folder. Is this how I uninstall addon manager? Which file?
unins000.exe, unins001.exe, unins002.exe, unins003.exe, unins004.exe, unins005.exe,

The addon manager is not listed in my control panel in the program uninstall section so I can't uninstall that way.

I tried moving the Addon Manager folder from my C: drive to my D: drive and created a new link for the FSDT Live Updater but it didn't seem to locate my DT sceneries.

Where can I find a full reinstall of addon manager? The FAQ page states there is a addon manager download on the info page of each scenery but I do not see a link to download the addon manger anywhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Relocating Addon Manager to a different Drive
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 10:45:37 pm »
The addon manager is currently installed on my c: drive at C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager. Because of this my FSDT sceneries are installed and stored in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\MSFS folder.

That's how supposed to be.

I have limited drive space on my C drive and I would like to move the addon manager to my D drive into a folder named FS DreamTeam. How can I do this so the FSDT Live Updater will work properly?

Uninstall everything AND reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon manager ?"

Do I do an uninstall of the addon manger? If so

How do I uninstall the addon manager ? There are six unins files in the addon manager folder. Is this how I uninstall addon manager? Which file? unins000.exe, unins001.exe, unins002.exe, unins003.exe, unins004.exe, unins005.exe,

Like any other Windows program, you don't have to figure out which uninstaller executable does what. Just look for the program to uninstall in the Windows Control Panel ( the "Program and Features" page )

The addon manager is not listed in my control panel in the program uninstall section so I can't uninstall that way.

That's because there's no such thing as a separate Addon Manager installer, not in years.

It's installation it's part of any FSDT product, so it's uninstalled when you uninstall a product IF you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon manager". Since many products use it, uninstalling a product won't automatically remove it, because the others still needs it, that's why there's a question.

I tried moving the Addon Manager folder from my C: drive to my D: drive and created a new link for the FSDT Live Updater but it didn't seem to locate my DT sceneries.

That's probably the worst thing you could have done...

The main reason of the "Do you want to remove the Addon manager ?" question is precisely to allow you to "Move" the Addon Manager if you changed your mind about its location, or ended up with not enough space on the original folder.

So, just uninstall all the products and, when there's nothing else left to Uninstall, AND you replied YES to that question, on the NEXT reinstall, you will be allowed to choose a new location freely, which can be any folder on any drive.

Where can I find a full reinstall of addon manager? The FAQ page states there is a addon manager download on the info page of each scenery but I do not see a link to download the addon manager anywhere?

The same sentence on the FAQ page which says the Addon Manager is on the Info page of each scenery, ends with a link to the Stand Alone Addon Manager page:

http://fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

Which says:

Since 2017, with the new Live Update system, the FSX/P3D version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager is not required anymore, since the LIve Update program can keep all FSDT products which are currently installed, always updated.

And the Info Page of each scenery says:

Standalone Addon Manager
The Stand-Alone Addon Manager is no longer required. Just run the FSDT Live Update from the Desktop, to keep all your FSDT products constantly updated.

Also, the same topic has been explained here, just today:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25790.msg169295.html#msg169295
« Last Edit: December 23, 2021, 10:49:20 pm by virtuali »

simpilot2450

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2021, 03:22:20 pm »
Thankyou for your help but I do have one concern.
If I uninstall my 6 products will I have an issue reinstalling them with respect to registration codes. 

CYVR Vancouver - I bought this from FSDREAMTEAM but do not have the purchase email anymore
KCLT Charlotte - I bought from SIMMARKET and I still have the code
KSDF Louisville - I bought this from FSDREAMTEAM but do not have the purchase email anymore
LFEQ Quiberon - I bought from SIMMARKET and I still have the code
LSZH Zurich - I bought this from FSDREAMTEAM but do not have the purchase email anymore
Switzerland Mesh - I bought this from FSDREAMTEAM but do not have the purchase email anymore

How do I get the codes for CYVR, KSDF, LSZH, and the Switz Mesh?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 05:01:10 pm »
How do I get the codes for CYVR, KSDF, LSZH, and the Switz Mesh?

I suggest reading again the FAQ page:

http://fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

It starts with:

I have lost my Email receipt, how can I reactivate my product ?