Author Topic: P3d V4  (Read 1648 times)

rezzyrez

P3d V4
« on: December 19, 2021, 07:19:42 pm »
How do I do a clean uninstall of GSX for P3d V4?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d V4
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 10:19:29 am »
Uninstall normally, and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" ?

However, while this will remove the whole software from the sim, it's not really a "clean" installation, because this will still leave all your settings untouched.

Which is of course correct, since the preferences folder contains all your custom airport customizations, your custom pushbacks, possibly custom liveries and all your custom airplane preference that you might have spent time working.

If you think you have a problem which require a "clean" installation and you suspect it might be caused by some of your custom profiles, removing even the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder would remove everything, including all your customization so, that's what we might call a "clean" installation.

But perhaps, before doing that, it would be best if you just asked why you think you need a clean install to begin with.

rezzyrez

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 10:24:06 am »
I uninstalled the P3d V4 edition to install the P3d V5 edition and now I'm trying to re-install back into P3d V4 but I'm getting an error when re-installing

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 10:27:51 am »
I uninstalled the P3d V4 edition to install the P3d V5 edition and now I'm trying to re-install back into P3d V4 but I'm getting an error when re-installing

You omitted the only thing I needed to help you: what the error message says.