Author Topic: GSX and Couatl Scripting Engine ERROR **SOLVED**  (Read 2705 times)

xlarrasnow

GSX and Couatl Scripting Engine ERROR **SOLVED**
« on: December 15, 2021, 05:08:29 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm having some problems with GSX on P3D v5.3 always same one at the same airport (LPPT), it works fine on the rest airports.
Everytime I try to load the aircraft at any parking position at LPPT airport, this error pop's up:

I did run the "Live Update" and it didnt work. I also uninstall GSX and reinstall and nothing.

The escenery is LPPT from MK Studios.

I try everything but nothing work.

I also recive this:

"couatl v4.0 (build 4585)
panic log started on Wed Dec 15 16:43:01 2021

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'LPPT', 'User Pos': (38.764512726753274, -9.138751707744406, 118.286 m, 4.29291 m, 167.46553382527813, 0.006169215776026249, -0.0, -0.0, 4.572, 1.0)}
reset FSDT_GSX_AIRCRAFT_SERVICE_1_TOGGLE to 0
reset FSDT_GSX_AIRCRAFT_SERVICE_2_TOGGLE to 0"

Please, find attached the couatl log file as well.

I would apreciate if someone can help me to figure out this issue.

Many thanks to all of you,

Best

« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 03:10:45 pm by virtuali »

xlarrasnow

Re: GSX and Couatl Scripting Engine ERROR
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 01:04:12 pm »
Is there any support team that could help me?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 02:06:17 am »
Looking at your log file, it seems you are using a custom GSX profile for that airport which must have been made for P3D V4 using a custom texture, which is not supported in P3D V5.

It's not normal this would happen, since those custom texture names are filtered out in the current version. Are you sure you have all the latest updates ? In any case, it would have been useful if you posted your custom profile.

xlarrasnow

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 01:30:14 am »
Hi thanks for replaying, unless there is an error, I'm using the latest version of P3D (v5.3), last version of the scenery and last versiĆ³n of GSX software.

it would have been useful if you posted your custom profile. What do you mean with this? I did a costum profile of this airport since I couldnt see any jetway but finally I fixed the problem installing last verion of sode and registering the SODE and after that stoped working.

I also did uninstall and reinstall both GSX and the LPPT airport but unfortunately didnt work

« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 01:33:28 am by xlarrasnow »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 10:01:13 am »
I also did uninstall and reinstall both GSX and the LPPT airport but unfortunately didnt work

I already explained why that particular airport doesn't work: you are using a custom profile which was made with P3D 4, that specifies a custom texture that doesn't exists in P3D V5, which only allow to use textures taken from its list, not custom textures, which required DirectX 11.

That's why I asked if you are sure you are fully updated because, in the current version of GSX, when loading an airport profile made for P3D V4 that contains textures that are not stock, those names are supposed to be ignored and revert to the automatic selection based on the jetway texture rules, and the file should have been flagged as being P3D5 only and saved as a new copy, so P3D4 would continue to use the old profile, and P3D5 would only load the new one, cleaned up of unsupported custom texture names, and this is done for the precise reason to prevent those errors.

That's why I asked to post that profile, because ( unless you haven't updated ), it seem procedure is not working for that profile, so I wanted to check.

xlarrasnow

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2021, 12:30:47 pm »
Hi,

thanks for your prompt answer and patience,

Excuse my ignorance, but I don't think I understand correctly what you are telling me, could you please inform me how can I post "the profile" you asking for?
I have installed the sim (5.3 version) from zero last week and I have installed all Airports, Aircraft, GSX, ... already compatible with the new sim version.

Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 12:36:22 pm by xlarrasnow »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 10:26:53 am »
I don't think I understand correctly what you are telling me, could you please inform me how can I post "the profile" you asking for?

As indicated in your log file:

Loading user customizations from E:\Prepar3D v5\ORBX\MKStudios\MK_LPPT\scenery\lppt-dt6pft.ini (file is designer-provided and won't be modified in-place)

Loading user customizations from C:\Users\xlarr\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/GSX\lppt-kombs7.ini

The first line indicates this airport originally came with a GSX profile made by the scenery developer, located in the scenery installation folder and named lppt-dt6pft.ini

The second line indicates you further customized it and the filename is \lppt-kombs7.ini, in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

GSX is using the second file, since your customization folder always takes precedence over the one provided by the developer. It would be best if you could post BOTH files. DO NOT post them as they are. ZIP them first, and Attach the ZIP file to a message.

xlarrasnow

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 04:22:07 pm »
Hi,

thanks for th answer, the problem is fixed, what I did is remove the file lppt-kombs7.ini and everything is back working normal again.

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.

Best