Author Topic: Jetways Not working  (Read 1797 times)

dgwhitc

Jetways Not working
« on: December 18, 2021, 06:24:21 pm »
Evening

I recently installed FlyTampa EHAM v2 for p3dv5.3

When I started my sim a message appeared asking me to open the FSDT control panel and disable default jetways which I have done. 

At EHAM the jetways appear but don't work.  GSX gives me the 'No jetways can operate at this position' error. 

I had a look at the customisation menu and found the jetway page was empty and I can't populate it. 

Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways Not working
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 09:21:36 pm »
I recently installed FlyTampa EHAM v2 for p3dv5.3

When I started my sim a message appeared asking me to open the FSDT control panel and disable default jetways which I have done. 

This doesn't have anything to do with 3rd party airport jetways, it only refers to the default model used in default sceneries.

At EHAM the jetways appear but don't work.  GSX gives me the 'No jetways can operate at this position' error.

As you can see, both from your screenshot, and from the GSX parking page, those are NOT GSX jetways, they are made with SODE and are supplied with the scenery so, whether they work ( or not ), it doesn't  have anything to do with GSX.

Do they work with using just SODE  ( TAB-S ) ?

I had a look at the customisation menu and found the jetway page was empty and I can't populate it.

That's normal: when the scenery comes with its own jetways, GSX won't affect them and won't let you edit them, unless you do it by removing their SODE XML file so, you couldn't do it by accident.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2021, 09:23:33 pm by virtuali »

dgwhitc

Re: Jetways Not working
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 01:15:32 am »
Thank you for the info.  I wasn't sure whether or not the issue was GSX or FlyTampa's.  Looks like it might be at their end.  I posted on their forums as well but no replies yet. 

Very strange, never had this at any other scenery.