Author Topic: GSX and 747 -8  (Read 1388 times)

SKEWR

GSX and 747 -8
« on: December 19, 2021, 09:41:05 pm »
Hello;

I'm having an issue with the PMDG 747 -8. When I prepare for push back with doors open on the 747-8, the doors continuously open and close. The only things that stops the continuous door operation is me resetting the position on the GSX menu. Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX and 747 -8
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 10:14:24 am »
GSX never tries to open or close doors on any airplane. And neither the PMDG, as far as I know, has implemented any kind of automation like that ( it's possible, but I don't think PMDG ever used that feature ).

Is possible you installed some kind of 3rd party automation utility, perhaps a script made with LINDA, that is reading GSX status and is trying to automate doors and, for some reason, is not working correctly ?

SKEWR

Re: GSX and 747 -8
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 07:18:17 pm »
OK thanks.
I'll check to see if it is LINDA and will edit this post if it is resolved.

The update (and edit) from the creator of LINDA username ScotFlieger from AVSIM

I took a look at the PMDG 747 module 1.5. As I suspected, there is a GSX_door_automation() function called from the module. This function is located in the GSX library (lib-GSX.lua). You can disable this function call by editing the PMDG 747 actions.lua file, searching for GSX_door_automation, adding 2 dashes in front of the function call, saving the file and then clicking on Reload LUA Engine

Thanks again for your assistance.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 06:07:54 pm by SKEWR »