Author Topic: GSX L2 and PMDG Qos 744/748  (Read 1281 times)

sw34669

GSX L2 and PMDG Qos 744/748
« on: November 17, 2021, 01:50:19 pm »
Afternoon all, I may be mad here and recall SODE gates and GSX2 automatically attached ground power to the PMDG 747 after engine shutdown when deboarding was selected. I am also using LINDA for automatic door management. I cant get the auto-detection of the GPU to work and the aicraft GSX setting screen has battery ticked (tried with and without). I have also tried with chocks set and unset. It's been a while since i've flown the 747 but I do seem to remember this being automated with GSX I wonder if it's a mem address that's been changed.
thanks
scott.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L2 and PMDG Qos 744/748
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 01:09:00 pm »
GSX doesn't do any kind of automation like that, with any PMDG airplane.

In fact, GSX doesn't do that on any airplane, especially 3rd party that are flagged to use custom electrical or custom fuel systems, and all PMDG (and others too) are all internally flagged to be like that, meaning GSX won't try to charge the batteries or really refuel the airplane, which is what it would do when using a default/freware/simpler plane.

Whenever you see some GSX automation, it's always done by the airplane code, which reads some custom GSX variables, and reacts on its own to do what it needs to do to adjust its own custom systems, like the external power, the battery or the fuel.

I see you use LINDA so, I guess you must have used a custom script that does exactly what the airplane is normally supposed to do ( when it integrates with GSX ), which is surely possible and, it's the only explanation why you had these features working on the PMDG 747, because there's no way you could have that with just GSX.

You mentioned LINDA "offsets" ( which are in fact PMDG/FSUIPC offset ), considering nothing in GSX interfaces with FSUIPC, it must be something related to a Linda script, which for some reason is not installed or it's not working or it requires some updates.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 04:58:06 pm by virtuali »

sw34669

Re: GSX L2 and PMDG Qos 744/748
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 02:48:07 pm »
thanks yes i understand that it's the aircraft that monitors GSX. And yes, the PMDG internal offsets may have changed I will have a look at this in the scripts. I think this stopped working after the last 747 update. It's been a year since I had flown it so cant really remember.
This all works so well with the fslabs.