Author Topic: Jetway logos do not save  (Read 1557 times)

chasensfo

Jetway logos do not save
« on: November 10, 2021, 10:04:39 am »
Hey guys,

Sadly at many of my airports, jetway logos keep reverting to the "Jet Aviation" logo or other logos after I've already assigned specific gates to specific airline logos/ground handlers. Oftentimes, but not always, when I go into the GSX Airport Editor, the correct logo will show as assigned to the gate but it will not display. Sometimes, however, it is just gone entirely. I was doing the assignments for the 1998 KSTL scenery I've been working on for a while and though I did not assign Concourse A any TWA logos, every logo I did assign (United, Continental, Northwest, etc) popped up as TWA anyway, though I only had specific gates selected. Then when I went back and checked after assigning about 20 gates different airline logos which was a bit time consuming only to find that now they had all sorts of wacky assignments like United logos on the Northwest gates or whatever...though they all showed TWA at the time and then Jet Aviation when I reloaded (though the lone America West gate kept it's logo somehow).

The shots show how first, TWA loaded on the proper gates, but then began to take over each gate I assigned to other airlines (with the jetways going from no logo to the TWA logo despite showing the airline I had just assigned in the airport editor). Upon refreshing COUATL, ALL TWA logos went away, even the correct ones, and Jet Aviation replaced everything but the America West bridge.

Any idea why these aren't saving? It's rather annoying as I'm wasting a lot of time trying to create GSX profiles for my sceneries. Yes, I know how to install textures and assign individual bridges, that isn't the issue, the program not remembering the last applied changes is the issue! And of course, displaying logos that it does not show in the airport editor!

https://i.postimg.cc/8CB1Z4j5/2021-11-10-0-17-40-376.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/C5tYR66v/2021-11-10-0-20-20-676.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/fTtDGDJ1/2021-11-10-0-47-43-980.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/CM6wrzLj/2021-11-10-0-46-7-529.jpg

Another example here at KDLH which I had assigned a few days ago to show the Northwest Airlines logo. Now when I go there, it shows Northwest in the Airport Editor, but then loads as Jet Aviation...

https://i.postimg.cc/9F6CVK90/2021-11-10-0-42-42-169.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/2882yS4X/gsx.jpg

« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 04:57:20 am by chasensfo »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Jetway logos do not save
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:41:55 am »
The very last screenshot of yours indicates that you're not even in the right place to be assigning logos. What you actually did was set the ground handling equipment to be Northwest. To set the jetway logo to be Northwest, go to the tab that says Jetway 1, then set the logo there.
Captain Kevin

chasensfo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 04:55:32 am »
I screenshotted the wrong page, so this is not solved lol. Like I said, I know how to do the jetway logos, they used to work but lately now regardless of what they're set to, they tend to show up as "Jet Aviation". I mean, you saw my screenshots right? Sure, whoops, I showed the ground handling menu instead of the jetway menu. My bad, sorry. The point is that jetway ALSO said "Northwest" as the logo but does not display as such, no matter how many times I restart the sim or reload COUATL. Seems like you only paid attention to the screenshot I screwed up and not the fact that I showed you guys that some bridges FIRST showed "TWA" correctly THEN suddenly would only show "JET AVIATION", and how other bridges kept showing up as "TWA" tho I was assigning other airlines (with only America West showing up properly). How did you figure this was solved and ignore everything else in my post? When I pull up STL, the GSX Airport Editor shows all the bridges as assigned to airline logos such as TWA, United, etc as seen in the screenshots...BUT it does NOT show these logos!

I have removed the "SOLVED". Please, I've had tons of problems with GSX and the support I've gotten has been very crappy to be honest lol, almost NONE of the things I've brought up have been solved at all...for a commercial product. I still don't understand why like 50% of the time SODE works on user and AI aircraft with the GSX bridges and 50% of the time it does not tho all other SODE bridges not made by GSX works, for example...but just like this post people just jump to responses without addressing the actual complaint and nothing gets solved. Obviously eventually I'm going to be frustrated by this.

P3Dv4 btw.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 05:00:50 am by chasensfo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 07:46:42 pm »
When I pull up STL, the GSX Airport Editor shows all the bridges as assigned to airline logos such as TWA, United, etc as seen in the screenshots...BUT it does NOT show these logos!

You posted lots of screenshots, except the only one that mattered: the one showing you HAVE assigned the jetway logo in the proper place, that is the Jetway tab of the editor.

Please, I've had tons of problems with GSX and the support I've gotten has been very crappy to be honest lol, almost NONE of the things I've brought up have been solved at all...

I don't know what you are referring to but, checking your previous posts, the "tons" of problems you ever reported where:

- A problem with some conflicts caused by other sceneries, which you have been clearly explained, somebody told you to check OrbX, you never came back to report. Nothing that has anything to do with GSX in this case.

- A problem with SODE jetways, that nobody ever reported before, which turned out to be your attempt to make a mix-up between SODE/non-SODE jetways on the same airport and again, you were given some suggestions, for something that wasn't obviously a GSX issue to begin with.

for a commercial product. I still don't understand why like 50% of the time SODE works on user and AI aircraft with the GSX bridges and 50% of the time it does not tho all other SODE bridges not made by GSX works, for example...

Fact you don't undersand it, doesn't automatically mean it's a "GSX issue". When you use a 3rd party airport that comes with its own SODE jetways, the developer usually have carefully selected the jetway model and its position, ensuing it would work on his scenery. This, at least, is what developers should do, because it's their jetways working over their scenery.

If with "GSX jetways", you mean Jetways that are automatically replaced by GSX, it's NORMAL they won't "just work", because when GSX automatically replaces jetways, which will ONLY happen on default airports, it will use a model that MUST be dimensionally identical to the default model, otherwise it won't match the airport buildings. But since it uses the SODE system, you can't be 100% sure that a SODE jetway that has the same dimensions of the default one would work in the same place, with the same relationship to the original parking as the default.

This because FSX/P3D are "cheating" with jetways: they are allowed to overextend and break up, so you "think" they might work "better", but that's only because they don't respect the real constraint a jetway would have in the real world.

But again, this is only the DEFAULT replacement model, which is only ONE of the 85+ different models supplied with GSX.

Which you are supposed to CHOOSE and TEST, to find the better model that would suit that particular parking stand. Jetways are ordered depending on the gate and, while it would be nice if there were an "universal" model that would always work from every position on every airplane (it would be very popular if it existed), when you raise the realism, you encounter the same restrictions as in real life, where jetways are available in many different sizes for a reason.

That's the first part of the "issue" ( which is not even an issue ). The other problem is, GSX adds (or, more precisely, allow you to add ) extra informations about a parking that are simply not available for the AI system, since they are outside the AFCAD.

The most important one is the "Stop Position", which is separate from the Parking center (which can also be customized independently from the AFCAD ), which takes into account other extra data not available to the sim ( hence the AI ), like the concept of the "Preferred Exit". This allows users to optimize a GSX profile to work MUCH better for the user airplane but, all of this extra data can't be used by the AI so, even if you test the jetways with the airplane parked in the correct position, related to the Preferred Exit, the AI will continue to park according only to the data AFCAD so, a GSX profile carefully optimized for the user, might not work as well with AI. But it will work MUCH better for the user.

but just like this post people just jump to responses without addressing the actual complaint and nothing gets solved.

The reality, of course, is exactly the opposite of what you are trying to say here because, instead, everything is always solved, provided is reported accurately and the issue can be reproduced ( meaning, it's real )

So, please provide some solid and accurate evidence that "jetways logos do not save", and we'll try to understand what's happening.