Author Topic: Unable to install GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 1728 times)

jfholer

Unable to install GSX **SOLVED**
« on: September 30, 2021, 04:01:52 pm »
I have tried several times to install GSX2 and keep getting a "insert disk 6" message. I am using Prepar3d v5.2. I have cleared my browser and have disabled Windows Defender and am still unable to install the program. I also cannot download the new installer. I click on the download link and nothing happens. I have tried using Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge. I do get a message in Microsoft Edge that says "gsx_p3d4_setup.exe can't be downloaded securely." As stated, and you can see in the screenshot, Windows Defender is turned off. I know that this issue has been addressed in other posts and I have (to the best of my knowledge) done everything suggested. Any help will be appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2021, 12:39:14 pm by virtuali »

srcooke

Re: Unable to install GSX
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 04:46:59 pm »
With 'EDGE' start the download and the warning will appear.

At the end of line where the warning appears click on the three dots and select keep and then keep anyway.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

jfholer

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2021, 08:14:00 pm »
OK, that worked as far as downloading the new installer. I just checked and all 6 bins were downloaded so it's looking promising. Doing a fresh install now...fingers crossed.

jfholer

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2021, 08:17:23 pm »
Success!!!!!!!!! Program is successfully installed and completing updates as I type this...you can close this as resolved.

Thanks