Author Topic: couatl wont start  (Read 6914 times)

Pilotmatt1

couatl wont start
« on: September 28, 2021, 05:51:54 pm »
So one day before I updated GSX for the new update GSX refused to actually start up. It would start to always ask me if I wanted to run couatl in FSX every time I start it. The Addon Manager tab is still there, but when I go to find GSX level 1 it says I need to run the update or reinstall which I've done both without the antivirus on. couatl will only start after I update GSX but only for that first session I load in FSX. After I close it and start again it repeats the issue. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl wont start
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2021, 06:19:30 pm »
- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the Exclusions list

- Run the FSDT Live Updater again

couatl will only start after I update GSX but only for that first session I load in FSX.

That might also indicate your FSX is running in a wrong Compatibility mode ( like Vista/7/8 on Windows 10, etc. ), either by you, or by another add-on that is not fully compatible with Windows 10, or even by Windows itself, which sets some compatibility settings in registry because FSX crashed from the previous version.

Our updater reset those compatibility settings to their correct value, which might explain why you need to run it.

joaoperalta

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2021, 08:46:41 pm »
Virtuali, I also do Run the FSDT Live Updater again

Joao Peralta

IngvarM

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2021, 11:15:59 pm »
Good day! The problem is the following: P3D v5.2, extreme, Win 10 x64 Pro. The antivirus is NOT installed, I have already reinstalled the GSX three times (the first part, since I did not purchase the second). The addons of the simulator menu have all the positions: Couatl settings, Couatl Live Update and GSX. The product is activated through the Addon Manager. When you select Add-Ons - Couatl Live Update - Check Live Update in the menu, the message "The remote server returned invalid data" appears. The GSX process itself is not started by the command Ctrl + F12. Neither from keyboard nor from the simulator menu. The Task Manager has a Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX / ESP process. What interferes with the normal operation of the program?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 02:09:58 pm »
Good day! The problem is the following: P3D v5.2, extreme, Win 10 x64 Pro. The antivirus is NOT installed

Are you sure don't have any antivirus installed, not even the default Windows Defender ? That's requires configuration just like any other 3rd party antivirus, if only to speed up loading a lot.

I have already reinstalled the GSX three times (the first part, since I did not purchase the second).

The installer is only one so, you have installed both GSX and GSX Level 2, just the Level 2 will run in Trial, until purchased.

When you select Add-Ons - Couatl Live Update - Check Live Update in the menu, the message "The remote server returned invalid data" appears.

This is only a temporary issue with our notification server, which won't have ANY effect on GSX, just the automatic notification inside the sim. But that doesn't mean "running the FSDT Live Updater", the "Check Live Update" option ( when it works ) will NOT update anything, it will just TELL you if there is an update.

The FSDT Live Updater is an *external* program that has its own Desktop icon and it's run separately when the simulator is not running.

IngvarM

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 02:29:47 pm »
Yes, I am sure that I do not have antivirus in my computer, and Windows Defender and all applications related to the search for malware are disabled. Also I disabled the Firewall. But that keeps me from running the GSX in any way. It just doesn't respond to the launch command.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 02:31:27 pm by IngvarM »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 03:17:40 pm »
But that keeps me from running the GSX in any way. It just doesn't respond to the launch command.

Do you see the message "airport cache has been created successfully" when starting the sim ?

If not, run the FSDT Live Update again, and NOTE if you have the message on start.

IngvarM

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 09:57:00 pm »
Yes, the message "airport cache has been created successfully" about the generation of ports appears, the percentages are growing. Even if I did not park the plane, when I call GSX (Ctrl + F12), a message appears that "your plane does not hold the parking brakes." The apron positioning settings section also starts and works.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 10:13:58 pm by IngvarM »

IngvarM

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2021, 10:18:41 pm »
Also responds when the parking lot is too small to call the GSX. From which I understand that the program is installed correctly, it works, but the most important thing for some reason does not start.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 01:31:06 am »
Also responds when the parking lot is too small to call the GSX. From which I understand that the program is installed correctly, it works, but the most important thing for some reason does not start.

From your screenshots, the program is working normally and it HAS started, that's why you see the message about the parking being too small. The GSX manual at Page 38 will tell you what this message means and what you can to to fix it.

IngvarM

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 05:34:44 am »
Then what's stopping the GSX from running itself? The menu does not appear when called (Ctrl + F12).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 10:03:13 am »
Then what's stopping the GSX from running itself? The menu does not appear when called (Ctrl + F12).

As I've said, GSX IS running, the only reason the menu doesn't show, it's because your parking is too small. I suggest reading the manual first, to know what that means, because your GSX is working perfectly.

IngvarM

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2021, 10:14:12 am »
I read everything. I pressed the "airplane" icon, adjusted AFCAD for this type, but after that the GSX menu does not open.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 10:40:47 am »
I read everything. I pressed the "airplane" icon, adjusted AFCAD for this type, but after that the GSX menu does not open.

That might be possibly caused by problem with the P3D menu *itself*, usually caused by having updated the sim with just the Client, which sometimes results in the Simconnect menu not working.

Try to install the Content too or Uninstall/Reinstall P3D using the FULL installer. No, none of your addons will require reinstalling, if you reinstall the sim in the same folder as it was before.

IngvarM

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 10:44:20 am »
Most of all I would hate to reinstall the simulator. I installed it not so long ago, I adjusted everything, I fly long flights for 6-10 hours, the simulator works well ... It's a pity that I have to install it on the fly.