Author Topic: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate  (Read 20937 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2021, 11:37:52 pm »
I am now faced with yet another error, this time when trying to amend my aircraft config or by selecting reset position its causing the error message pictured below.

The error you posted in your log is clearly happening in the airplane configuration editor so, unless you are having a separate different error, it's not possible THAT error could happen either by editing the airplane OR selecting "reset position" ( if you mean the reset position while services are running ). That specific error can only possibly happen while in the airplane editor.

Of course, as soon as you posted the log, I tried editing a plane by moving some doors randomly, and I can't see any errors so, please, try to describe more precisely the exact operation you did in the editor which caused that error, so I can try to replicate it.

If, instead, you are still getting errors on restart, then please post these other errors ( or describe the issue if you don't have any error ), because it's simply not possible to get that kind of editor error during a restart.

Speedbird7AD

« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2021, 11:29:13 am »
P3D then offered me a series of messages telling me that Geneva, GSX and GSX were not installed into P3D.

Was the message wording:

"The product xxxx is installed but not active yet on this PC. Do you want to activate now ?". This is a message from the Addon Manager when it sees you have a serial key in the registry, but it's not active for some reason.

or was something different, like the message from P3D itself, saying a scenery is not enabled ?

Hmmm. I want to say that the series of messages incorporated both types of messages but I’ve been asleep since then. 🙂. Definitely the former messages. I don’t know how they became inactive as I’d been using GSX during the afternoon.

zk

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2021, 01:28:13 pm »
chiming in to say.........the most recent update fixed the problem.  thanks umberto!

bhorv67

« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2021, 03:35:21 am »
I was hoping not to have to add to this already long post, but I am having this issue persist even after running the updater as of 5 min ago.

I own all FSDT NA airports, GSX2

Doing some trouble shooting, this is what's happening:

Start P3d - in the scenario menu:
chose a default plane, select KLAX (any gate)
no weather running or any other external addon
spawn the sim

immediately after KLAX buildings are rendered, I get an error:
The Couatl scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run live update
Here's the log output:

couatl v4.0 (build 4585)
panic log started on Fri Sep 10 20:24:24 2021

problem raised by engine or unspecified addon
{'Airport': 'KLAX', 'User Pos': (33.946942202685406, -118.40502513560536, 39.5962 m, 1.1922 m, 117.99999648425124, -0.06060376763343811, -0.0527089424431324, 0.0, 1.1475720319747926, 1.0)}

I exit from P3d, wait a few min, run Live update (have run it at least 10 times by now)
Then relaunch P3d and chose a non-FSDT airport.
P3d will spawn with no errors - all appears normal. I then try to go back to KLAX (or any other FSDT airport), get the same error. Couatl will not run.

Not sure what to do here. Checking in the Addon manager, all the FSDT addons are registered and active.
Yet I can't spawn from any FSDT airport without this error appearing.

I have not made any changes to the sim other than running Live update with the changes released recently.

Suggestions? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2021, 10:01:01 am »
immediately after KLAX buildings are rendered, I get an error:
The Couatl scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run live update Here's the log output:

Even if you haven't posted the log file ( just the error, to get the log file, you must have Logging enabled in the GSX Settings ), I guess the cause of this is the same as already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167546.html#msg167546

With a more detailed explanation about why it's happening, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167624.html#msg167624

As already discussed in several other threads, we are working on an automatic fix, which will filter out custom textures found in existing profiles made for P3D V4, so no editing will be required.

bhorv67

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2021, 02:37:16 pm »
Ok thanks - yes it looks like it's the custom texture being the culprit.

I'm using the same Cartanya profiles as one of your other posters, which then it all made sense.
Hopefully the pending change you'll introduce to the ini will allow these older profiles to be used.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2021, 03:20:30 pm »
Hopefully the pending change you'll introduce to the ini will allow these older profiles to be used.

Yes but, of course, without custom textures.