Author Topic: GSX 2.9.4 AFCAD issues  (Read 3277 times)

TheGamingPc

GSX 2.9.4 AFCAD issues
« on: September 10, 2021, 05:16:24 pm »
Before this update all my sceneries were recognised without an issue by GSX, now all the airports that are installed outside of the P3D directory aren't being correctly used by GSX. Instead, GSX uses the default P3D AFCAD. I did a flight only a couple days ago out of Oslo, GSX worked flawlessly, now I wanted to check the new update out, loaded up Oslo yet again but this time the default P3D AFCAD is being used instead meaning there's almost no gates to choose from, GSXL2 added SODE jetways in random places (I assume that's where the default ones would be replaced). I loaded up a couple of different airports and it was the same story with the other airports too, all using the default AFCADs as opposed to using the sceneries AFCAD. I regenerated the airport cache multiple times, restarted P3D a couple of times, ran the live update, reinstalled GSX, still no change.

In the edit gate menu you can see the default AFCAD is being used.
In the Couatl.log all the sceneries show up as 'using' followed by "Error accessing scenery folder" for almost every scenery.
I've changed nothing since the last time GSX functioned properly and now, other than updating GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2.9.4 AFCAD issues
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 05:23:13 pm »
In the Couatl.log all the sceneries show up as 'using' followed by "Error accessing scenery folder" for almost every scenery.

You should have posted it.

TheGamingPc

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 05:47:08 pm »

You should have posted it.

I put the log in the couatl.zip file

RonaldoAlvesBR

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2021, 01:19:51 am »
Before this update all my sceneries were recognised without an issue by GSX, now all the airports that are installed outside of the P3D directory aren't being correctly used by GSX. Instead, GSX uses the default P3D AFCAD. I did a flight only a couple days ago out of Oslo, GSX worked flawlessly, now I wanted to check the new update out, loaded up Oslo yet again but this time the default P3D AFCAD is being used instead meaning there's almost no gates to choose from, GSXL2 added SODE jetways in random places (I assume that's where the default ones would be replaced). I loaded up a couple of different airports and it was the same story with the other airports too, all using the default AFCADs as opposed to using the sceneries AFCAD. I regenerated the airport cache multiple times, restarted P3D a couple of times, ran the live update, reinstalled GSX, still no change.

In the edit gate menu you can see the default AFCAD is being used.
I've changed nothing since the last time GSX functioned properly and now, other than updating GSX.

Hey guys.

Here I'm also getting error messages from AFCAD when I request GSX, something that didn't happen before the latest update.

It's happening with me on FlightBeam's KSFO scene.

Any solution?

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2021, 10:02:45 am »
From your log, it seems you haven't run the FSDT Live Update, because your Couat exe is not the latest version:

couatl v4.0 (build 4579)

Current version is build 4585 so, just run the FSDT Live Update, and should fix the problem.

Keight

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 01:52:14 pm »
having the same issue with the latest update. gsx ignores ini files in Virtuali GSX folder and creates new one based on default afcad

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 03:01:49 pm »
having the same issue with the latest update. gsx ignores ini files in Virtuali GSX folder and creates new one based on default afcad

Your problem, at least as you describe it, doesn't seem to be GSX loads the wrong AFCAD but ( again, as you described it ), is ignoring the .INI. Is this what you meant ? Is GSX loading the correct AFCAD but it ignores the .INI OR, is also loading the wrong AFCAD too ?

If a default AFCAD is loaded, with the latest update, the .INI is CORRECTLY ignored, as the release notes say:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

In P3D V5, if the loaded AFCAD file belongs to the default scenery (name starting with APX*.BGL ), a customization profile that might have been made for FSX or P3D4 won't be loaded, preventing likely mismatches between parking names. In this case, the customization will start from scratch. When saving from P3D V5, the new .INI file will be flagged with "p3d5only = 1" in the [General] section, so other simulators won't load it.

So, if the loaded is .BGL is from the default scenery, fact GSX is Ignoring the .INI is absolutely correct and intentional.

But then the issue would be: in YOUR situation, was the default .BGL the correct choice ?

Keight

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 03:35:47 pm »
not sure I am following. by default acfad I dont mean P3D default airport but 3rd party scenery afcad without my customizations. GSX ignores ini files where afcad path does not contain full path.
Before the update it was not required - for example "afcad_path = AFD_UBBB.bgl" was sufficient. I have too many config files to edit them manually one by one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 03:46:16 pm »
not sure I am following.

My question was, before saying GSX is ignoring your .INI, have you verified it has loaded your .BGL ? If it hasn't loaded your .BGL, it's normal it won't even try to load its associated .INI

Keight

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 04:06:14 pm »
I am sorry Umberto it was my mistake, everything working good. I apologise.

TheGamingPc

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 04:24:23 pm »
From your log, it seems you haven't run the FSDT Live Update, because your Couat exe is not the latest version:

couatl v4.0 (build 4579)

Current version is build 4585 so, just run the FSDT Live Update, and should fix the problem.

Yep, you're right. I've just had some free time to get on P3D again and the update did fix it, Thank you. 👍