Author Topic: GSX 2.9.4 error after update  (Read 4849 times)

Salma

Re: GSX 2.9.4 error after update
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 01:38:25 pm »
I'm sorry, but I want to roll back to version 2.9.3 until the next fix comes out. Is there a way?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 03:23:04 pm »
I'm sorry, but I want to roll back to version 2.9.3 until the next fix comes out. Is there a way?

You can't go back, and it doesn't make any sense because, if you have P3D V5, it's obviously way better to have at least 200+ stock liveries than NO LIVERIES, as it was before.

If your issue is only trying to use profiles made for P3D V4 that right now are causing that error, the best solution would be, until we fix them automatically, to MOVE away your P3D V4 profiles that return that error from the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, to a different folder, so you can just place them back when we'll release the fix to automatically ignore custom textures.

cfso6342

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2021, 07:01:35 am »
Assuming you are using P3D5, the problem is your .INI file, which must have been made for P3D V4, using custom textures, because an operator called "SCB" doesn't exists in GSX.

Before the update, this won't cause any problems, because jetway logos were completely disabled but now, since we added multi-liveries back, if an .INI file contains any logos, they MUST be one of the stock logos included with GSX, because in V5 custom textures are not supported.

We are working on an update that will check existing .INI files and will automatically ignore any logos for operators not included by GSX but, in the meantime, the only way to fix it is to edit the file and remove all lines containing

jetway_logo = xxxxxxxx

Unless they contain a name of an operator that does exists in GSX.
In my P5D, gsx ini file does not contain such "jetway_logo", but I still get couatl crash, any advice?

Salma

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 10:42:31 am »
You also VTBS problems?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2021, 09:50:19 am »
In my P5D, gsx ini file does not contain such "jetway_logo", but I still get couatl crash, any advice?

That was just an example. The custom texture might also be one for the ground operator or the catering operator so, the line to look for would be:

handlingtexture
cateringtexture

They cannot contain any operators that are not already included in GSX. But as I've said, I don't suggest doing that because:

- It will take you too much time, if you have many .INI profiles made for P3D V4

- If will force you to downgrade your .INI profile. That might not be a problem if you don't use P3D V4 anymore but, if you do, you might want to keep it as it was.

- We ARE working on a better and more reliable solution, likely in the next days, which will automatically filter out custom textures from .INI files made for V4 when you use V5 and, if you make ANY changes to that file, it will be saved back with a *different* name and a parameter that will flag it to be "P3D5 ONLY", so P3D V4 will continue to load your original file, and the new "cleaned" one will be used only in V5.

So, while we are working on this update, I think the best solution is to MOVE AWAY all your .INI files made for V4 which give you errors due to using custom textures to a different folder, ready to be moved back in, either when you want to fly V4 again, or after we'll release the fix.

cfso6342

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2021, 12:36:07 pm »
So, while we are working on this update, I think the best solution is to MOVE AWAY all your .INI files made for V4 which give you errors due to using custom textures to a different folder, ready to be moved back in, either when you want to fly V4 again, or after we'll release the fix.

Thanks you Umberto! Hope next update ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:36:29 pm by virtuali »