Author Topic: Random container logos in v5  (Read 1706 times)

VHEBN

Random container logos in v5
« on: September 13, 2021, 10:52:16 am »
Hi again Umberto,

There seems to be an issue with the logos on containers that has appeared now that this fuctionality is available in P3D v5.

While in v4 and other versions, the logo on containers is based on the atc_parking_codes in the aircraft.cfg, in P3D v5 the logo seems to be random.

Friends of mine using P3D v4 and v5 have been able to recreate the behaviour expected for their sim version repeatedly using the same aircraft.cfg entries.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Random container logos in v5
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 11:43:42 am »
While in v4 and other versions, the logo on containers is based on the atc_parking_codes in the aircraft.cfg, in P3D v5 the logo seems to be random.

That's because, as explained in a very recent post, the parking codes used by GSX are not always the same as the parking codes used by the sim or found in AFCAD but, instead, should match the names of the sections in the GSX rules.cfg files

See the relevant thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25393.msg167603.html#msg167603

VHEBN

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 12:02:03 pm »
Did you even read what I wrote?

Specifically this part:
Friends of mine using P3D v4 and v5 have been able to recreate the behaviour expected for their sim version repeatedly using the same aircraft.cfg entries.

This works FINE in v4, v5 is broken.

Please advise
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:03:39 pm by VHEBN »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 12:19:25 pm »
Did you even read what I wrote?

Yes, but I'm not sure if you read the thread I've linked or you even tried that solution.

This works FINE in v4, v5 is broken.

Since the solution of using the correct codes in the thread I've linked DOES work in both V4 and V5.

V4 uses RTT, so it might be more flexible, but V5 relies only on the codes, because for each code ( matching a section name in GSX ) is linked to a specific object title, because V5 cannot just load textures on the fly like V4.

See the attached screenshot, I'm using the default "Airbus A321 Paint2" variation at LIMC, and because the relevant section of the aircraft.cfg file is like this:

[fltsim.0]
title=Airbus A321 Paint2
sim=Airbus_A321
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=2
kb_checklists=AirbusA321_check
kb_reference=AirbusA321_ref
atc_id=F-MSAB
atc_parking_codes=DLH,LH
atc_airline=World Travel
atc_flight_number=
ui_manufacturer="Airbus"
ui_type="A321"
ui_variation="World Travel Airlines"
ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"

I ONLY get Lufthansa ULDs, exactly as expected, because the LH code matches the section name for Lufthansa in the GSX rules_handling.cfg file.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:25:28 pm by virtuali »