Author Topic: GSX all Jetway Logo Blanked  (Read 3026 times)

captaingreif

GSX all Jetway Logo Blanked
« on: September 08, 2021, 09:15:15 pm »
Hello,

I just ran the recent update on to my P3D v5 yesterday and all of my jetway banners are now blank white. My ground vehicles and containers are without logos as well.

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I should add that my RTT is not disabled.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 01:55:39 am by captaingreif »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX all Jetway Logo Blanked
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2021, 03:54:13 am »
P3D V5 never had the ability to use RTT in the first place. See explanation below:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25477.msg167624.html#msg167624
Captain Kevin

captaingreif

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2021, 06:10:50 am »
I understand that from reading that thread in the past. I don't follow what the latest GSX update was for. I can't get default banners (I.e. Sixt) to display if I'm supposed to with this latest update. Everything shows in white and blank.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2021, 11:17:36 am »
It doesn't seem you have the last update installed.

captaingreif

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2021, 04:04:41 pm »
It doesn't seem you have the last update installed.

Ok, but it no longer pops up the message saying there's a new update.

Looks like I think a full reinstall is likely needed unfortunately.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2021, 04:07:45 pm »
Ok, but it no longer pops up the message saying there's a new update.

It surely does but, the check is automatically made every 24 hours from the last time it was checked, since the latest update is newer than that, it's perfectly normal you won't be automatically notified, unless you manually use the Live Update menu to check for updates.

Looks like I think a full reinstall is likely needed unfortunately.

Nobody said you must do that. You only had to run the FSDT Live Update again, which will always get the most current files at the time you run it.

captaingreif

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2021, 04:14:38 pm »
I'm not trying to pick a fight here but you're coming across arrogant now.

1. I did not say that anyone said that I need to do a full install. That was my suggestion.

2. I've ran the update 4x and no luck. I haven't had a notification in a couple of days now.

Obviously the updater is not doing its job, so I personally think it's time for a clean install.

Unless there's another option?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2021, 04:45:54 pm »
1. I did not say that anyone said that I need to do a full install. That was my suggestion.

Which is based on the assumption the update is not working, which is not the case. And it's based on the assumption that I might have forget to suggest a possible course of action. I assure you I haven't.

2. I've ran the update 4x and no luck. I haven't had a notification in a couple of days now.

You haven't said when you ran the update.

As I've said, the latest update came today and the first update came yesterday so, it's entirely normal you wouldn't have any notifications for "a couple of days", because both updates are LESS than 24 hours old!

Obviously the updater is not doing its job, so I personally think it's time for a clean install.

There's nothing "obvious" here. A full reinstall won't fix anything because, the reinstall will install something which was surely older than the latest update and THEN, it will run the Updater. The Updater is the key to get the latest files, not the installer, that's why doing a reinstall is completely redundant, you only need to run the FSDT Updater.

And please note, there are several separate things at play here:

- The Live Update NOTIFICATION, which comes automatically if there's a new version, 24 hours after the last check. This is a message that pops out with a sound, if it's notification time.

- The fact you can force a Live Update check without waiting, using the "Live Update" menu under the Couatl Settings menu. This won't update anything. It will just tell you if there IS an update and will let you read the release notes, so you might decide if it's worth exiting the sim to actually DO the update or not.

- The FSDT Live Updater application, which is run externally to the sim, which will not do any notification or check, it will just PERFORM the update, always updating everything no matter what.

Now, since the updates are very recent, it is possible that, depending on your location, the updated files might not have reached YOUR local Cloudflare node. This because not everybody is connected to the same server, if you did, our server would crash as soon we released any update, because thousands of people would try to download at the same time, making it impossible to use for everybody. 

So we use Cloudflare, which is a network of 260+ servers spread around the world, so every user will download from the server closest to him, always getting the best possible speed, without any risk of crashing because of the load.

So, it's possible that a recent update might not take the same time to reach all nodes but, eventually, everybody will get the latest files.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 04:50:59 pm by virtuali »

captaingreif

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2021, 07:20:12 pm »
Well you can tongue lash me all you want when I have said what did and didn't work.

Here's the timeline, I tried the Live Updater this morning (24hrs) after my last attempt. No change

Uninstalled the entire FSDT package I'm running, got the installer clean for GSX and YVR off of the website. Ran them again, then had the old AFCAD issue which I fixed by deleting that bin file.

Guess what? I have everything working, so I would say it wasn't redundant and was productive.

You're being defensive when I haven't once said that you "forgot to suggest [something]..."  I did not once say that. I asked for any advice, got nothing, tried a solution that I wanted to save as a last resort. Result I got, everything working and a defensive response from someone who didn't need to.

Further you're the one assuming that I'm the one thinking you forgot something. Who's to say that I'm not assuming that there's a problem on my end on MY computer and not your with installer?

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:25:10 pm by captaingreif »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 08:03:49 pm »
Here's the timeline, I tried the Live Updater this morning (24hrs) after my last attempt. No change

Exactly. We had the last update in the afternoon so yes, if you ran the FSDT Update this morning, you didn't had the latest update, which is why I was trying to tell you.

Uninstalled the entire FSDT package I'm running, got the installer clean for GSX and YVR off of the website. Ran them again, then had the old AFCAD issue which I fixed by deleting that bin file.  Guess what? I have everything working, so I would say it wasn't redundant and was productive.

Yes, it WAS redundant because, what really got you the latest files wasn't the reinstallation, it was the Live Updater the installer runs in the end, which is the same as if you ran it yourself.

So after I posted ( which was in the afternoon ), if you just followed my suggestion to run the FSDT Live Update again, you would have obtained exactly the same result.

So, what really happened, is that you are convinced your reinstall solution was better or different, but what really changed was you made the reinstall after the latest fix was released, giving the FSDT Live Update that is launched by the installer a chance to get it, in the same way it would if you run it yourself.

captaingreif

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2021, 08:38:16 pm »
So then rather than be arrogant to your customers? why not say that an update "fix" was coming out when I posted this? Secondly, another clueless assumption by you is that I'm in your time zone. I haven't got a clue what "afternoon" in your definition. You claim it came out after I again tried another live update, however for all I know that could be last evening in my time zone.

Furthermore, your fix did nothing of the sort. A friend of mine updated his 2 days ago and DID NOT have the same issues that I had. Therefore it was something with my version of GSX which was fixed. All you've done is be arrogant and defensive to your customers when they ask questions. I for one did not make any assumptions until now when dealing with you. My assumption is you're rude and arrogant and will not get any more of my money nor will I recommend you to anyone else.

I'm the paying customer here and you do not dictate what I do on my computer or get the right to make assumptions about what is happening on my computer. If there's an issue with a file on my end then so be it, not like you'd know.

I've been patient and polite long enough pal. So long!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2021, 09:54:53 pm »
So then rather than be arrogant to your customers? why not say that an update "fix" was coming out when I posted this?

I don't know what you are trying to say with this "arrogant" nonsensical and derogatory term.

I said to run the FSDT Live Update to fix your problem and if you, instead of launching yourself in that useless polemic, simply did that AFTER I told you, it would have fix the problem nevertheless, because when I posted, the latest fix just came out.

Secondly, another clueless assumption by you is that I'm in your time zone. I haven't got a clue what "afternoon" in your definition. You claim it came out after I again tried another live update, however for all I know that could be last evening in my time zone.

And what difference it makes ? Regardless of the time zones, when I said to run the updater, you haven't done that AFTER my post, which was in the afternoon in my time zone, if it wasn't for you, that doesn't make any difference, if you simply tried doing that AFTER my post.

Furthermore, your fix did nothing of the sort. A friend of mine updated his 2 days ago and DID NOT have the same issues that I had

And what, exactly, were those issues ? Quoting your first post:

"I just ran the recent update on to my P3D v5 yesterday and all of my jetway banners are now blank white. My ground vehicles and containers are without logos as well."

And of course, Captain Kevin correctly replied that, P3D V5 ALWAYS had blank textures, for everything, until the update so, why saying "are now blank white" ? That's exactly as they always were in P3D V5, since the day it came out.

Now, with the first update we released, both jetways and ground vehicles were working fine but, for a brief moment, we had a version that had ONLY the jetway logos still missing which, again, is surely fixed with today's update.

That's why you friend might not have had any problem: he might have downloaded the first update with both jetways+vehicles working, you might have got the one with just the jetway missing ( although in your first post you said everything was missing, like before *any* update ), but now both are surely working.

Therefore it was something with my version of GSX which was fixed

Yes, running the FSDT Live Update after we released the latest fix was what fixed it, which is what I always said you should do. You did it by running the installer, but you ran the FSDT Live Update in the end (the installer ran it for you), just in a more convoluted way.

. All you've done is be arrogant and defensive to your customers when they ask questions. I for one did not make any assumptions until now when dealing with you

All I have done was to tell you the truth of letting know what REALLY happened, which might have spared you some time performing an unnecessary procedure.

I'm the paying customer here and you do not dictate what I do on my computer or get the right to make assumptions about what is happening on my computer. If there's an issue with a file on my end then so be it, not like you'd know.

Fact you are paying customer doesn't mean I have to lie to you just to make you happier.

I'm not a marketing guy, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. A proper marketing/support guy would probably have told you, after you reported it was fixed by reinstalling, some courteous nonsense like "computers are weird, I'm happy it worked for you", which would have made you happy of the support received, even if it was a factual lie with no technical grounds.

Instead, as a programmer, I always choose the way of the truth, because I'm not capable to tell a lie just to make somebody happy because, SILLY ME, when I AM in the role of the paying customer, I would really like to hear the truth, for once. But the problem is, getting the real facts has become so rare nowadays, that when you are served with them, they sound strange or "arrogant" or "rude".
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 09:58:32 pm by virtuali »