Author Topic: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error  (Read 14840 times)

dlr1984

Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error
« on: September 07, 2021, 03:37:52 pm »
Apologies, second post in one day.

I've a new installation of P3Dv5.2 (used the complete installer, the hotfix is included). Now when I load P3D I see that it starts, briefly. I see the message in green that the airport cache has been rebuilt. Then I immediately get a popup that says "The Couatl scripting engine has encountered an unrecoverable error and will be restarted. Please run live update." It then asks me if I want to view the error log. A second prompt asks me if I want to restart Couatl. If I press yes I get the same error again and again. The only way to use P3D is to select no to quit Couatl.

Things I've tried:

Excluding the addon manager from the antivirus and running the live update
Restarting the PC
Starting a flight at different airports.

The error message comes back every time I load into P3D.

Thanks,

Dominic

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl scripting engine - unrecoverable error
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 03:41:39 pm »
Are you loading an unsupported airplane ( one that doesn't have a GSX configuration ) ? If yes, it's a known problem that has already been discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25476.msg167445.html#msg167445

dlr1984

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 03:45:11 pm »
I'm using the Aerosoft Airbus. GSX worked with it before the reinstall.

Aumkem

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 04:58:54 pm »
Hello,
I have exactely the same issue there.

Just did the last update ( 2 times after a P3D restart in case )
No jetways or GSX services
All products are in trial Mode .
My airplane have a GSX profile (always flight the same > JHFMGS A320)

What do you advising me ? register once again with serial ?

Can you help with that .

Thanks

best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 05:07:57 pm »
If with "same issue", you mean the error discussed in the linked thread, it has already been fixed, by getting the FSDT Live Update. That error resulted in an error only when selecting an airplane without a GSX configuration, like the default F-35, and shouldn't happen anymore.

If, instead, you simply don't see GSX at start, the usual suggestions:

- Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- Check with the Task Manager if a copy if Couat64_p3D.exe is not running from the previous session. If yes, Terminate it and start the sim.

airbadger

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 05:13:39 pm »
If with "same issue", you mean the error discussed in the linked thread, it has already been fixed, by getting the FSDT Live Update. That error resulted in an error only when selecting an airplane without a GSX configuration, like the default F-35, and shouldn't happen anymore.

If, instead, you simply don't see GSX at start, the usual suggestions:

- Be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again

- Check with the Task Manager if a copy if Couat64_p3D.exe is not running from the previous session. If yes, Terminate it and start the sim.

Say I've done these steps several times, what's next? Seems like at least a couple of us are seeing the same issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 05:14:37 pm »
Say I've done these steps several times, what's next? Seems like at least a couple of us are seeing the same issue.

What do you mean with "same issue" ? There are several different issues discussed here and in the linked thread. Which one is yours ?

airbadger

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 05:42:14 pm »

What do you mean with "same issue" ? There are several different issues discussed here and in the linked thread. Which one is yours ?

I just see a couple other people who aren't seeing GSX start up after getting the latest update. This is my thread: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25476.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 05:45:48 pm »
I just see a couple other people who aren't seeing GSX start up after getting the latest update.

So you are not getting the "unrecoverable error" due to having used an unsupported airplane like the default F-35, which is the subject of this thread and has been fixed already ? If your issue is in another thread, then please, post only there.

gollum65

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 05:57:15 pm »
After running the Couatl update this morning, when I next started P3D I got this unrecoverable error and it asked it said something was causing Coutl to constantly restart, so it asked if I wanted to turn off Couatl.  I answered yes.  Now Couatl won't restart.  GSX doesn't work and it's not showing the Add Ons menu.  And the Coutl updater says it can't update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 06:05:23 pm »
After running the Couatl update this morning, when I next started P3D I got this unrecoverable error

Assuming the unrecoverable error is exactly the same as the one discussed here, which happened only when selecting an airplane with no GSX profile, like the default F-35, as already discussed in this thread, this particular error has already been fixed, by running the FSDT Live Update again.

gollum65

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 07:15:56 pm »
It was the PMDG NGXu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 07:18:22 pm »
It was the PMDG NGXu

Then you should post your error log, because it seems to be a different error.

In any case, you said you ran the update this morning so, this morning the error was surely there, it has been fixed later so, could you please run the updater and see if it happens again ? If it does, please post your error log.

Aumkem

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 07:30:36 pm »
I have the same issue.
Did once again the live update few minutes ago, no jetways or GSX services and unrecoverable error.

I see there is 2 updaters in addon manager folder , what version do we use ?
Thanks
regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 07:34:53 pm »
unrecoverable error.

As I've said in my last post, please post your error log.

I see there is 2 updaters in addon manager folder , what version do we use ?

Always the first one, Couatl_updater.exe because, if you start the other one, you are not getting the latest version of the updater *itself*. But normally, it's not like if you have to wonder which one to start. When installing any FSDT product, an ICON on your Desktop it created, linking to the correct Couatl_updater.exe program.