Author Topic: After today's update, GSX won't run and all products in trial mode  (Read 10235 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After today's update, GSX won't run and all products in trial mode
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2021, 06:11:47 pm »
What's the next step after we've run through all of the suggestions so far and still can't get GSX to start?

You might try running the FSDT Live Update after a Windows restart.

joe91

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2021, 06:15:40 pm »
same problem for me... GSX doesnt work at all after last update. Fslabs A321 and prepar3d 4.5

This thread has several suggestions to try if GSX doesn't start.
None of them are working..
Maybe problem is on your side, something wrong with an updater or something likr this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2021, 06:21:00 pm »
Maybe problem is on your side, something wrong with an updater or something likr this?

There aren't any problems on our side and, as I already showed in a video, it works perfectly fine here. When we release an update, this usually happens:

- some antivirus might block the updated program (just because it's new), so the antivirus must be properly configured to exclude the Addon Manager folder.

- the day of release, not all Cloudflare nodes will get the same file at exactly the same time, it's impossible this could happen, because there are 260+ of them, which means it's possible that some users downloading from different places might not get all the updated files, and a mix-up of version will likely cause problems but, eventually, everybody should get all the proper files.

airbadger

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 06:26:31 pm »
What's the next step after we've run through all of the suggestions so far and still can't get GSX to start?

You might try running the FSDT Live Update after a Windows restart.

Ok, done. Restarted my computer and immediately ran FSDT Live Updater, in admin mode.

Result is the same. GSX starts fine and rebuilds cache the first time starting P3D. Then, I close P3D. I wait and check to make sure no leftover couatl processes are running. I restart P3D. GSX is now missing. All I see in Add-ons is Addon Manager, Couatl settings, and Couatl Live Update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2021, 06:32:50 pm »
I wait and check to make sure no leftover couatl processes are running. I restart P3D. GSX is now missing. All I see in Add-ons is Addon Manager, Couatl settings, and Couatl Live Update.

Assuming you are sure there are not couatl .exe processes still running when you restart the sim and still doesn't start, what if you run the FSDT Live Update again, before restarting the sim ?

airbadger

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2021, 06:59:38 pm »
I wait and check to make sure no leftover couatl processes are running. I restart P3D. GSX is now missing. All I see in Add-ons is Addon Manager, Couatl settings, and Couatl Live Update.

Assuming you are sure there are not couatl .exe processes still running when you restart the sim and still doesn't start, what if you run the FSDT Live Update again, before restarting the sim ?

If I run Live Update before starting the sim, GSX starts every time.

If I then CLOSE P3D and DO NOT run Live Update, GSX will NOT run the next time I start P3D.

When GSX does NOT successfuly run and I then CLOSE P3D, couatl64_p3d.exe continues running in the background and does not close itself.

Even if I END the Couatl background process, GSX does NOT start successfully the next time I run P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2021, 07:00:49 pm »

Check my reply here and see if this might be your case:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25479.msg167492.html#msg167492

airbadger

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2021, 07:04:22 pm »

Check my reply here and see if this might be your case:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,25479.msg167492.html#msg167492

I tried warping to an airport (JFK) with a GSX profile with LVL2 gates. I went to the menu and tried both Restart Couatl and Restart/rebuild airport cache, with no response. I have in-sim messages turned on so I can definitely see whenever it rebuilds the cache.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2021, 07:09:40 pm »
I have in-sim messages turned on so I can definitely see whenever it rebuilds the cache.

Please re-read my post again, especially the part which explains there are two caches ( airport and objects ), and there's no message telling you the object cache is ready and, if you try to start GSX before it is, it might not work.

That's why I asked, on an airport with GSX jetways, to wait for the jetways to appear, before starting GSX. Do this after starting clean, meaning after an FSDT Live Update.

Instead of running the Live Update, try to just remove this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

If you notice the effect is the same as running the Live Update ( fixing the start for one session ), at least we know IT IS something related to the creation of the two caches so, be sure you try to wait a bit for the jetways, so we would know if the problem is in fact trying to start GSX when the object cache is still rebuilding ( which, again, doesn't have a prompt, we are planning to add it )

airbadger

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2021, 07:53:03 pm »
I have in-sim messages turned on so I can definitely see whenever it rebuilds the cache.

Please re-read my post again, especially the part which explains there are two caches ( airport and objects ), and there's no message telling you the object cache is ready and, if you try to start GSX before it is, it might not work.

That's why I asked, on an airport with GSX jetways, to wait for the jetways to appear, before starting GSX. Do this after starting clean, meaning after an FSDT Live Update.

Instead of running the Live Update, try to just remove this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

If you notice the effect is the same as running the Live Update ( fixing the start for one session ), at least we know IT IS something related to the creation of the two caches so, be sure you try to wait a bit for the jetways, so we would know if the problem is in fact trying to start GSX when the object cache is still rebuilding ( which, again, doesn't have a prompt, we are planning to add it )

I ran the live update. Spawned in at an airport with GSX jetways. They appeared immediately - no waiting at all. I was able to open GSX menus and interact, etc.

I then closed P3D. Checked that couatl processes were definitely not running. Then I deleted C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl. I started P3D, and GSX showed up as normal. As before, the jetways were immediately available.

I then ran P3D again WITHOUT deleting C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl. This time, GSX didn't show up in the menu. I waited ~10 minutes for jetways to appear and they never did. Upon closing P3D, couatl continued to run as a background process until I manually stopped it.

Edit: I deleted the couatl folder again and GSX started fine/rebuilt the cache/etc. so the issue is definitely with whatever is going on with that folder.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 07:59:03 pm by airbadger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2021, 08:00:16 pm »
Edit: I deleted the couatl folder again and GSX started fine/rebuilt the cache/etc. so the issue is definitely with whatever is going on with that folder

Ok, even if I cannot replicate it, at least I have some data to look into it.

richbonneau

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2021, 08:28:40 pm »
Just noting that I have exactly the same issue as airbender.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2021, 08:29:37 pm »

Meaning it's fixed if you clear the cache manually before starting ?

richbonneau

« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2021, 08:51:47 pm »

Meaning it's fixed if you clear the cache manually before starting ?

Affirmative.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2021, 10:13:55 pm »
Affirmative.

That's good to know so, as I've said, even if I cannot replicate it, at least I have some data to look into it and guess something.