Author Topic: After today's update, GSX won't run and all products in trial mode  (Read 10234 times)

airbadger

After today's update, GSX won't run and all products in trial mode
« on: September 07, 2021, 02:24:18 pm »
I'm encountering the following issues after today's update to GSX.

GSX will run once after running Live Update, then if I close P3D V5 and restart, GSX won't start again.

All FSDT products are in Trial Mode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: After today's update, GSX won't run and all products in trial mode
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 02:31:25 pm »
First, the usual suggestions:

- Be absolutely sure the antivirus is configured to exclude the WHOLE Addon Manager folder.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

But, from your report it seems the programs are not really running in Trial, plain and simple.

It only happens when you restart the sim ? That might be caused by not having waited enough time before the next restart, so Couatl .exe didn't had a chance to close itself. In this case, wait a bit more between restarts and, if it doesn't really close, try to close it manually with the Task manager and see if the 2nd restart works.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 02:44:33 pm »
First, the usual suggestions:

- Be absolutely sure the antivirus is configured to exclude the WHOLE Addon Manager folder.

- Run the FSDT Live Update again.

But, from your report it seems the programs are not really running in Trial, plain and simple.

It only happens when you restart the sim ? That might be caused by not having waited enough time before the next restart, so Couatl .exe didn't had a chance to close itself. In this case, wait a bit more between restarts and, if it doesn't really close, try to close it manually with the Task manager and see if the 2nd restart works.

Addon Manager folder is definitely excluded.

This is still happening after running Live Updater a 2nd time.

Addon Manager in P3D says, "Product Installed, in TRIAL mode" for all FSDT products. If I spawn in at a FSDT airport like KLAX, the airport is missing like when trial mode expires.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 02:48:48 pm »
Addon Manager in P3D says, "Product Installed, in TRIAL mode" for all FSDT products. If I spawn in at a FSDT airport like KLAX, the airport is missing like when trial mode expires.

Don't be mislead by the Addon Manager saying a product is in Trial. The Addon Manager doesn't know anything if a product is in Trial or not, it need to ask Couatl so, if Couatl.exe is not running for any reason, it will always say "Trial"

When a scenery is REALLY in Trial, it will work for 5 minutes and *then* it will expire. If it's GSX, it will work normally, but only at the FSDT airports or the 3 Trial airports. That's Trial. Yours is not really "trial" but is "Couatl not started"

As I've said, that might be caused by not having waited enough time before the next restart, so Couatl .exe didn't had a chance to close itself from the last session. In this case, wait a bit more between restarts and see if it closes and if it doesn't, close it manually with the Task manager and see if the 2nd restart works.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 02:50:36 pm by virtuali »

airbadger

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 03:09:06 pm »

Don't be mislead by the Addon Manager saying a product is in Trial. The Addon Manager doesn't know anything if a product is in Trial or not, it need to ask Couatl so, if Couatl.exe is not running for any reason, it will always say "Trial"

When a scenery is REALLY in Trial, it will work for 5 minutes and *then* it will expire. If it's GSX, it will work normally, but only at the FSDT airports or the 3 Trial airports. That's Trial. Yours is not really "trial" but is "Couatl not started"

As I've said, that might be caused by not having waited enough time before the next restart, so Couatl .exe didn't had a chance to close itself from the last session. In this case, wait a bit more between restarts and see if it closes and if it doesn't, close it manually with the Task manager and see if the 2nd restart works.

I ran Live Update again. Now I'm getting an error when starting a flight in P3D: the addon <unknown> is causing the couatl scripting... etc. etc. Log attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2021, 03:14:06 pm »
I ran Live Update again. Now I'm getting an error when starting a flight in P3D: the addon <unknown> is causing the couatl scripting... etc. etc. Log attached.

Ok, I can see the issue, there's a problem if you use an airplane that has no GSX configuration at all ( the F-35 doesn't have one by default ). Try to use a support airplane while we fix the problem.

airbadger

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2021, 03:23:17 pm »

Ok, I can see the issue, there's a problem if you use an airplane that has no GSX configuration at all ( the F-35 doesn't have one by default ). Try to use a support airplane while we fix the problem.

Ok, using the NGXu, the pop-up error is gone but GSX is still not running.

airbadger

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2021, 03:30:00 pm »

Also, 5 minutes after closing P3D, Couatl Scripting Engine is still running in Processes and using 20-22% CPU

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 03:34:39 pm »

Because it's probably still running from the previous session, so you must terminate it manually. When you get an error, choose NO when asked to Restart Couatl after you read the error log, otherwise it will not close properly.

airbadger

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 03:52:08 pm »

Because it's probably still running from the previous session, so you must terminate it manually. When you get an error, choose NO when asked to Restart Couatl after you read the error log, otherwise it will not close properly.

In this case, it's still running after I ran the NGXu and stopped getting the pop-up error from using the F35. I just tried it again and confirmed it's still running long after I close P3D.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 04:00:49 pm »
In this case, it's still running after I ran the NGXu and stopped getting the pop-up error from using the F35. I just tried it again and confirmed it's still running long after I close P3D.

What's happening here is:

- it doesn't close automatically when you had an error ( like the one related F-35 ) AND you replied Yes to restart Couatl when asked. This will require closing couatl .exe manually from the Task Manager, we'll investigate this, which is not a normal situation anyway, since the errors are not supposed to happen to begin with.

- it does close automatically when the sim quits, if there are no errors.

And, we already fixed the error with the F-35 so, unless you have another error, this shouldn't happen anymore, after you run the FSDT Live Update again, to get the F-35 error fix.

airbadger

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 06:01:58 pm »
My issue not resolved. I ran the latest update, and yes, that fixed the separate F35 issue. However, I'm still having the problem where GSX will not start. I was sure to check that all Couatl processes were ended.

If the F-35 issue is fixed, it means Couatl now starts correctly so, the problem is:

- it doesn't restart or doesn't load after a sim restart

OR

- you don't have any error with the F-35, just because it's not starting at all, so there's nothing that could generate the error ?

« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:07:27 pm by virtuali »

joe91

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 06:06:52 pm »
same problem for me... GSX doesnt work at all after last update. Fslabs A321 and prepar3d 4.5
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 06:07:37 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 06:08:09 pm »
same problem for me... GSX doesnt work at all after last update. Fslabs A321 and prepar3d 4.5

This thread has several suggestions to try if GSX doesn't start.

airbadger

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 06:10:42 pm »

This thread has several suggestions to try if GSX doesn't start.

What's the next step after we've run through all of the suggestions so far and still can't get GSX to start?