Author Topic: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate  (Read 20802 times)

jiequinn

Re: Problem with GSX 2.9.4 | Only works once after LiveUpdate
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2021, 05:01:15 pm »
Umberto I have mine working too, It is however telling me my airport cache failed but if I close P3d and delete the files.bin file it works again just incase anyone has this issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2021, 05:09:24 pm »
If the cache regeneration failed, it's usually a problem of some .BGL, for example those with corrupted files or files with 0 length. If you have logging enabled, those are indicated in the log.

jiequinn

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2021, 05:43:31 pm »
Hi Umberto

I'm not sure what is going wrong with this I have attached the log. Could you help me out.

Thank you
John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2021, 05:49:48 pm »
I'm not sure what is going wrong with this I have attached the log. Could you help me out.

This is your error:

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process: "C:\ProgramData\Virtuali/Couatl/prepar3dv5\files.bin"

Are you still using the batch file method to have it removed automatically on each start ? That's no longer needed and, in fact, might cause that problem. That, or another program, like an antivirus.

Also, try after a Windows restart, to be sure you are starting fresh.

F4RIO

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2021, 06:02:34 pm »
Installed the Sept 7 FSDT update (P3DV5.1) and had issues similar to those reported in this thread.

Installed the Sept 9 update and now all my FSDT scenery software is running in Trial Mode. The Add-On Manager is present but the Couatl scripting engine is not running, and so the Register Serial function does not work, and of course I cannot update the scenery cache.

Prior to these events, all software worked properly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:04:18 pm by F4RIO »

jiequinn

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2021, 06:07:09 pm »
Hi Umberto

thanks for your reply.

I can confirm I am not using the batch file or the other fixes I have downloaded the latest version.

I have added the exclusion to my anti virus, the folders etc so unsure why this is happening. Normally if I delete the files.bin and restart it works but now its not.

hammertime

« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2021, 06:09:11 pm »
Just wanted to confirm that things are fine for me now (following the 9/9/21 update)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2021, 06:20:41 pm »
Installed the Sept 9 update and now all my FSDT scenery software is running in Trial Mode. The Add-On Manager is present but the Couatl scripting engine is not running, and so the Register Serial function does not work, and of course I cannot update the scenery cache.

There has been two updates today so, please be sure you run the updater again, to get the very latest version, which always automatically recreates the cache at each start.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 06:23:28 pm by virtuali »

Speedbird7AD

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2021, 07:02:34 pm »
I don't know if it has any relevance but after rebooting Windows I loaded up P3D at FSDT Geneva and P3D then offered me a series of messages telling me that Geneva, GSX and GSX were not installed into P3D.  I accepted all of the dialogue boxes to install  and create back ups of the registration and low and behold LSGG loads fine and GSX and Coulti are back in the menu.  They had been previously installed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2021, 08:13:08 pm »
P3D then offered me a series of messages telling me that Geneva, GSX and GSX were not installed into P3D.

Was the message wording:

"The product xxxx is installed but not active yet on this PC. Do you want to activate now ?". This is a message from the Addon Manager when it sees you have a serial key in the registry, but it's not active for some reason.

or was something different, like the message from P3D itself, saying a scenery is not enabled ?

F4RIO

« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2021, 09:12:03 pm »

There has been two updates today so, please be sure you run the updater again, to get the very latest version, which always automatically recreates the cache at each start.

I ran FSDT Updater twice and Couatl Settings, Couatl Live Update and the GSX add-on menu items are now available. The are still a number of significant problems.

I have KORD/KJFK/KLAX/GSX2 installed with status installed and active.

None of them work correctly: scenery partially/completely missing, GSX2 just doesn't work, Couatl will not restart/rebuild.

I also get messages saying products are not activated (on P3DV5 startup) when they show as activated within the add-on manager.

I have no idea what to do.

Again, prior to the September updates all were working perfectly.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2021, 09:29:53 pm »
I have KORD/KJFK/KLAX/GSX2 installed with status installed and active.

If they are flagged as Active, it means everything is working from the software side.

None of them work correctly: scenery partially/completely missing, GSX2 just doesn't work, Couatl will not restart/rebuild.

Couatl will always restart and rebuild, if you have the latest update installed.

I also get messages saying products are not activated (on P3DV5 startup) when they show as activated within the add-on manager.

Do they showed as Activated in a PREVIOUS session, but you are getting those messages on another startup of the sim ? This is consistent with the problems which were happening on our *first* release of this update, because Couatl couldn't read an already made airport cache and in that case, it didn't closed correctly, so it didn't work on the next startup of the sim.

Even when we HAD this problem, it was always fixed by removing the airport cache before each start but now, with the current update, is no longer required, since the cache will always be rebuild in any case.

So, again, from your description of the problem, it really seems you don't have the latest update. As I've said in previous posts you can check the timestamp of digital signature of the bglmanx65.dll, to be sure you have the latest version. It must be today, because that's what refresh the cache rebuilding at each start.

F4RIO

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2021, 10:02:16 pm »
The problem appears resolved. Two successive starts of P3DV5 with normal FSDT scenery behavior. Puzzling.

1. You were correct when you asked about active on startup and not on the next startup.
2. The timestamp on bglmanx65.dll is Sept 9 on my machine (after 4 FSDT update runs).
3. After a computer restart, the problem is fixed.

Thank you
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 10:02:27 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2021, 10:05:50 pm »
2. The timestamp on bglmanx65.dll is Sept 9 on my machine (after 4 FSDT update [runs).

You mean you tried 3 times, and you were always getting the older version ? That seems to indicate a delay of your local Cloudflare node getting the latest files. There are 260+ nodes so, I guess it might take some time to propagate all changes through all nodes, surely is not immediate.

If that's the problem, getting the latest file was the thing that fixed it, because with the previous version, you had to manually remove the airport cache before each start, which was the temporary fix that was suggested in this thread, before this latest fix.

jiequinn

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2021, 11:25:38 pm »
I am now faced with yet another error, this time when trying to amend my aircraft config or by selecting reset position its causing the error message pictured below.

I have attached the log also. Any help would be greatly appreciated I've spent all day trying to fix this doing various restarts and updates but nothing seems to work.