Author Topic: Gsx incorrect positions  (Read 1270 times)

couger

Gsx incorrect positions
« on: September 03, 2021, 04:03:58 am »
Hi there.  I’m having a problem with the airport positions with gsx.  I’m at panc using p3d5 parked in p33 cargo ramp. When I go to customise position I. Gsx p33 doesn’t exist at all.  I then moved to p54 and tried again and it says that position is p47 in gsx.  All the positions aren’t matching up.  I have reinstalled gsx but made no difference.  I have heard of this happening with addon airports but this is a default airport.  What’s going on?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Gsx incorrect positions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 04:20:55 am »
If you go to the airport customization page in GSX, what AFCAD is it saying it's using. I realize you said this is a default airport, but I don't know if you installed a scenery at some point and then removed it.
Captain Kevin

couger

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 04:39:34 am »
It says it’s reading apx08100.bgl.  The only scenery I have is orbx global/vector.  And that shouldn’t affect it.  This is a fresh install of p3d5.2
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 04:41:23 am by couger »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 10:52:52 am »
It's perfectly normal, if you started a GSX customization when you had P3D4, and completed it when moving to P3D5.

The issue here is that, while P3D5 has kept all the .BGL filenames as they were in P3D4, they changed the naming and the position of the gates and, since GSX matches a .BGL with its related .INI file by name, a GSX .INI which was made for P3D4 will be loaded in P3D5 as well ( because the .BGL has the same name ), but some position might not match.

The easiest solution would be removing the GSX .INI file altogether and redo your customizations, we are considering adding an extra parameter to the .INI, to make it "P3D4 only" or "P3D5 only" so, if you want to keep using both simulators, GSX could switch between the two automatically depending which sim is running.