Author Topic: Urgent Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE  (Read 1531 times)

jjsmcc

Urgent Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE
« on: July 19, 2021, 01:55:25 pm »
Good afternoon,

I recently installed P3Dv4.5 on to my computer after my a fresh installation of windows due to it crashing last year.

Kindly note I have some FSDT products: GSX, GSX2, KIAH, KLAX, KJFK v2. Please be advised that when starting flight sim upon it loading I am getting the following message 'Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE'. When going into Addon-Manager -> GSX -> show your passing menu the following appears 'could not find valid afcad at this location.

As I understand there are many reasons why this occurs. I can confirm that I have done the following:
1. FSDT Live Update to clear the airport cache
2. Manually remove the %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali folder
3. Delete the files.bin and GSX

I have also uninstalled all FSDT folders, ensured the above-mentioned folders and items are deleted and restarted my computer.

From reading previous topics I have enabled logging from the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings menu, however, I can not find a log file in %APPDATA%\Virtuali therefore I attach my closest alternative.

Your help would be greatly appreciated, as I would love to get back up and running soon. Wishing you a wonderful day.

Best wishes,
James McCallum

jjsmcc

Re: Urgent Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 02:24:01 pm »
After reading the topic found here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=15850.0 I have located the attached Coault log file. I trust this may help.

Thank you, and I hope you have a lovely day.

Best wishes,
James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 08:14:48 pm »
I think the problem is this path name is too long:

D:\Simulators\Flight Simulator\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D V4\James's Scenery\NORTH AMERICA\CARIBBEAN\PAYWARE\FINAL APPROACH SIMULATIONS - CARIBBEAN AIRPORTS VOLUME 1 TRINIDAD TOBAGO GRENADA\Final Approach Simulations\Caribbean Airports Vol 1\scenery\AF7_TTCP.bgl

At 261 characters, is more than the normal maximum length allowed for standard Windows APIs. The limit has been somewhat lifted during a Windows 10 update, or can be removed by manually setting some registry keys, but not all software might be compatible with it.

In fact, we'll probably be able to fix this with a future update, because it's more common to find such long path names in MSFS 2020 so, we already fixed it in our internal version of GSX for MSFS 2020, so we'll update the P3D version too but, in the meantime, I suggest to change that pathname to be shorter.

jjsmcc

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 08:57:25 pm »
Good evening Umberto,

I can advise that this was indeed the problem.

Thank you so much for your help and patience. A simple fix for what looked like a complicated problem. This has made my day! One very happy customer!

Enjoy your evening when you get around to it and don't get too hot.  :) ;D

Best wishes and thanks again,
Jamie