Author Topic: Problem with buildings disappearing when using Super Traffic Board  (Read 3273 times)

phenocom

I have a strange problem in FSX. If I go to one of your airports the scenery displays perfectly. However if Super Traffic Board is operating and I choose one of the AI at a gate , the buildings all disappear then sometimes reappear. I was wondering if this had anything to do with the anti pop-up settings in addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with buildings disappearing when using Super Traffic Board
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 03:19:13 pm »
It surely doesn't have anything to do with the anti pop-up, because that is a setting that it's internal to the Addon Manager so, it's not really possible the Super Traffic Board can have any effect on it.

Also, if what disappears are the main buildings, they are not handled by the anti pop-up setting, because buildings already have a range equal to the whole scenery area: the Anti Pop-up is only meaningful for smaller objects that by default have less visual range, which usually is ground clutter details like baggage carts, boxes, static vehicles or vertical taxisigns, etc.

What might happen, instead, could be that Super Traffic Board is sending so many commands to the Simconnect system, that is clobbering it. This is just a guess based on your description that the scenery works fine, until you enable the Traffic Board.

If this is the case, I'm afraid there's nothing we can fix from our own side.

phenocom

Re: Problem with buildings disappearing when using Super Traffic Board
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2010, 06:08:35 pm »
Thank you for your quick response. What you said definitely makes sense in that everything is fine until STB is activated. I will check with Aerosoft to see if there is a workaround for this problem.