Author Topic: Deboarding passenger numbers  (Read 1612 times)

r22s7

Deboarding passenger numbers
« on: June 06, 2021, 04:18:27 pm »
Hi there,

In the past with GSX, I was able to specify the number of passengers that would deboard the aircraft.  Now, however, it automatically just deboards all of the passengers and crew.

While I agree this is most practical the majority of the time,  on some occasions I would like to leave some of the passengers on - e.g. a short stopover where only some passengers get off.

So, my question is,  would it be possible to re-implement this as an option, so we can choose whether to use it or not?

Any discussion is welcome. :)

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Deboarding passenger numbers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 05:46:38 pm »
I don't believe that this was ever an option in the first place. I think you're getting confused with what the deboarding function actually does because as far as GSX is concerned, it always deboards everyone. If you have it set to estimate passenger numbers, it goes off the payload weight, so you never get asked for the numbers. If you don't have it set to estimate passenger numbers, if you've just started GSX, it'll ask you how many passengers you want to deboard. If you start boarding, it'll ask you how many passengers you want to board, and once you complete the flight, assuming GSX was running the entire time, it won't ask again since it already has the number you entered for the boarding. If, at some point, GSX was restarted after boarding for some reason, it would lose this number, and it would ask you how many passengers you want to deboard once you ask for deboarding.
Captain Kevin

r22s7

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 02:11:26 am »
This was definitely an option in the past, as it is discussed here that it had been removed:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,21930.0.html

In a number of Trip Reports I have read, people mention staying on the aircraft during a stopover.

So, I am asking if this is something that can be added as an option? :)

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 03:19:48 am »
Interesting. Didn't know it used to be like that, although to be fair, that was also two years ago.
Captain Kevin