Author Topic: gsx (jetways) do not recognize my plane (737 max8 by TDS)  (Read 2587 times)

HB-ESY

• Best workingplace ever..
gsx (jetways) do not recognize my plane (737 max8 by TDS)
« on: November 23, 2020, 01:26:42 pm »
the parking system reports unknown type
how can I solve this?

I use FSX

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx (jetways) do not recognize my plane (737 max8 by TDS)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2020, 02:08:13 pm »
Before you can use an airplane that is not already included in the GSX internal database ( and that one surely isn't, because I never heard of it before ), you must create a GSX configuration for it. This should fix the jetway issue.

The parking system ( assuming you mean one of the GSX VGDS ) issue, instead, seems to be caused by the airplane being named in an unusual way in its aircraft.cfg file. GSX tries to figure out the airplane kind by first checking the atc_model parameter and, if it cannot find it there, it tries to guess it from the airplane title. If both fails, meaning the airplane is named in a non-standard way so GSX cannot understand the type, it will be flagged as unknown in the VGDS.

HB-ESY

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2020, 04:08:59 pm »
Hi Umberto

May you explane me how I create the mentioned GSX configuration?
I have allready config the plane with GSX customize aircraft... but the problem still

BTW: TDS are developer from the former company "Project opensky"..
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 05:35:27 pm by HB-ESY »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 02:54:13 pm »
May you explane me how I create the mentioned GSX configuration? I have allready config the plane with GSX customize aircraft... but the problem still

It seems you haven't read my message entirely. There are TWO issues at play here:

- The airplane working in GSX, in general, which requires configuring with the airplane configuration editor.

- The airplane model being recognized by the GSX VGDS. This is nothing you can fix with the GSX configuration editor, because that info is taken from the airplane.cfg using a method I explained in my previous post so, it seems this airplane has been named in an unusual way so that, neither the title nor the atc_model could help GSX knowing which airplane is.

HB-ESY

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2021, 11:27:32 pm »
Hi Umberto

I found the way to config the plane with "GSX customize aircraft" and it works almost perfect..
But:
in the external view the stairs are perfectly positioned, but
in the VC view, the stairs are directly at the cockpit window (left of the seat), i.e. too far forward. 

How can I adjust the VC view correctly?
This problem exists only on this aircraft (Boeing 737-max8) from www.rikoooo.com

Thanks for any support

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2021, 10:53:05 am »
It's not possible the stair position could possibly be affected by the view. Nothing in the GSX code change their position based on that.