Author Topic: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz  (Read 164884 times)

Orion

Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:00:21 pm »
After months of anticipation, and days of working, testing and having fun, I present to you, the one and only SF Carrier 2 - Multiplayer Carrier Ops Nimitz multiplayer mission for Microsoft Flight Simulator X Acceleration!

Now you can finally use Javier’s Nimitz for FSX Acceleration in multiplayer and fly carrier ops with your friends.  From using the IFLOLS “meatball” or the ILS on Jivko Rusev’s HUD series to guide you into a landing, to trapping and launching on the deck of the carrier, you can do it all.

If you don't yet have Javier's Nimitz, we have included a lite version of it in this package, which only includes the clean deck configuration.

Features:

- Features Javier's Nimitz for FSX Acceleration (2.0)
- Support for up to 15 players
- Aerial refueling from AI aircraft
- Multiple custom cameras
- PLAT Camera information, courtesy Jivko Rusev
- Reward for landing on carrier
- Hidden reward Easter egg
- Compatible with Jivko Rusev's HUD ILS feature

For further information, please refer to the included documentation, post below or post at either of the forums mentioned in the aforementioned documentation.

Download from Striking Software
Download from Vectors Flight Community
Download from AVSIM
Download from FlightSim.Com
Download from Simviation

You will also be able to find the package available at most of the major FS addon libraries.

Note: A manual install version of the package is also available upon request.

Enjoy the mission, have a good flight and happy holidays :D!

Orion

Screenshots:

Colin landing on the PLAT camera

Done refueling and heading off

Launch from the Tower camera, with Dan following me

J.R. landing on the PLAT camera

On parallel cats with J.R.

On the side cat with J.R. landing

Side cats with tower in background, ready to launch

Dan taking off

Edit: For the record and easier access, here's the old thread with development updates and other random information: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2224.0.

Edit 2 (26 May 2010): Updated Striking Software link to reflect download on new domain.

Edit 3 (7 June 2010): Click here for discussion on the upcoming update, SF Carrier 2.2. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2525.msg24980#msg24980

Edit 4 (11 Dec 2011): Forgot to update this thread to reflect the availability of the SF Carrier 2.5 update.  You can read more about it and get it here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3892.0.

Edit 5 (3 Sept 2012): A new alternative, Multiplayer Carriers, is available as a public preview.  You can read more and get it here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=7005.0.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:18:16 am by Orion »

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
Re: Released: Multiplayer Carrier Ops - Nimitz
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 07:04:19 pm »
Congratulations and well done, Orion!
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

neutrino

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 07:56:56 pm »
Here is some footage from a couple of Multiplayer sessions we had just prior to the release ;D

Make sure you watch in full-screen HD 8)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:19:41 pm by neutrino »

Tony360

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 08:07:27 pm »
Congratulations Orion! A job very well done!  ;D

Now we need to organise a session/times and put this badboy to the test.  ;)

Voodoo

• Voodoo's Hangar
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 09:34:00 pm »
OK, here is some cool footage from a couple of Multiplayer sessions

Spectacular, Neutrino!
FSX Community Tweaks and Fixes at Voodoo's Hangar - voodoo.wikispaces.com

Orion

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 12:04:57 am »
Thanks everyone :D!

Voodoo: You're pretty darn fast ;D!
Jivko: Great video and it was a pleasure to fly with you :).
Tony360: Got a suggestion for the time ;)?

SUBS17

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 12:59:26 am »
Awesome work Orion just a few things one is it comes up with player aircraft mismatch from other player and it keeps coming up. The other thing is not flying the default aircraft skin or type causes the mission to crash. I'm absolutely amazed though to see the carrier moving with working ILS. I wonder is TACN possible for the tanker now since as the carrier can now broadcast it?

Orion

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 01:39:24 am »
Awesome work Orion just a few things one is it comes up with player aircraft mismatch from other player and it keeps coming up. The other thing is not flying the default aircraft skin or type causes the mission to crash. I'm absolutely amazed though to see the carrier moving with working ILS. I wonder is TACN possible for the tanker now since as the carrier can now broadcast it?
Thanks, but really?  That shouldn't be happening.

I believe that the aircraft mismatch error can be thrown in any session (well that bit's a fact, I've seen it happen, just the following part is what I'm not quite sure about) if the offending player's aircraft files differ from the host's aircraft files when the aircraft.cfg reports the same title (e.g. if the host has the current version of Dino Cattaneo's T-45 and a player has an older version), FSX will throw that error at you.  If you use the same two aircraft variants in a standard multiplayer free flight session, you should get thrown the same error.

And for the latter, "not flying the default aircraft skin", meaning what?  Using a 3rd party repaint for a default aircraft crashes the mission?  Crash as in what?  FSX restarts, gives you an error, GameSpy dies?

Or do you mean both together and that if a player uses a 3rd party repaint for a default aircraft (a repaint that the host doesn't have) it gives them the aircraft mismatched error?  If you mean that, yeah, that should happen.  Just select no when it asks you if you want to eject the player from the session and continue flying.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 01:44:52 am by Orion »

SUBS17

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 04:21:41 am »
Thats with stock FSX acceleration skins I wanted to fly with a USNavy skin instead of Blue angels and each time it crashed back to MP lobby. Yes its happening and I also tried the T45 and again it booted me back to MP lobby. The other problem is gamespy which is the worlds worst MP program and a major contributing factor as it dropped me after 5mins(and I'm the Host whats up with that?).
Or do you mean both together and that if a player uses a 3rd party repaint for a default aircraft (a repaint that the host doesn't have) it gives them the aircraft mismatched error?  If you mean that, yeah, that should happen.  Just select no when it asks you if you want to eject the player from the session and continue flying.

Thats with default FSX acceleration skins I wonder is there a way to overide that feature or maybe in the lobby prior to takeoff it shows a picture of the aircraft for each player(like other FSX MP race missions) so that its no longer an issue. BTW regarding the tanker I wonder if its possible to get a free ware tanker with drogue pods like an S3 or something. Although the issues I have which might also be because of my slow PC and internet connection(Falcon 4 works good as does Arma but FSX is not good eventhough its a broadband connection)that mission still is far better than previous versions made especially the fact its a moving carrier.

Pop

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 04:53:07 am »
looks great! however do u have the "map" blocked? Is there a setting to unblock it? Or did I just miss a post!!! ;D ;D
Where can I get the GTACAn/ILSW/RBN freq

Orion

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 07:56:37 am »
SUBS17: "crashed back to MP lobby" without any warnings or errors at all?  From what stage would it crash back to the lobby?  To see if we can narrow the problem down, can you check if the same symptoms occur when you are using your LAN to host a session?

And override what feature?  When FSX tells you there's a mismatched aircraft, it gives you an option to eject the offending player from the session or allow you to keep them.

Also, what do you mean by show "a picture of the aircraft for each player(like other FSX MP race missions)"?  My multiplayer mission works exactly the same as the default ones that come with Acceleration, just I've provided less limitations on what you do - I just have one simple goal: land on the carrier.

If you'd like to change the tanker, in a word, no, you can't.  See a full list of reasons and their explanations here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2224.msg20405#msg20405.

Pop: Map?  What map?  As in the map page in the briefing?  I just decided not to go find an image of the Bay Area and draw the route the carrier takes, since it's easily tracked with the Mission Compass :P.  And to be honest, I have no idea what you're talking about in the last bit of your post :P.  I just do carrier ops for the fun of it and not really to be realistic about it :P.  As realistic as I get is occasionally a simple attempt to get the right AOA, speed and glideslope on my way to the carrier (and setting the ILS on J.R.'s HUD) :P.

Tony360

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 08:34:36 am »
Pop - the TACAN is 112.000 for Javier's carriers.

Also, if you mean the world map in the game, press alt to bring up that little bar at the top, then click World, then Map.

Pop

« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 01:00:10 pm »
Orion, it must ahve been late when I posted the msg! The fingers didn't go where they shouid have! I ment TACAN/ILS/RAdio bcn freqs, where do I find them! Tony gave me the answ to the freq.  U did a great job! ;D ;D ;D
The "map" is the pull down from the top tool bar in "world".  Mine is non selectable??? I have noticed this in several MP missions, but cant find what to "uncheck" or "Check
 to allow this??? In fact none of the options are available in "world"???

Thanks for the info!

SUBS17

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 06:59:00 pm »
TACAN Freq 57X(ILS 112.00) for IKE and Nimitz, 47X(ILS 111.00) for default.

SUBS17: "crashed back to MP lobby" without any warnings or errors at all?  From what stage would it crash back to the lobby?  To see if we can narrow the problem down, can you check if the same symptoms occur when you are using your LAN to host a session?

And override what feature?  When FSX tells you there's a mismatched aircraft, it gives you an option to eject the offending player from the session or allow you to keep them.

Also, what do you mean by show "a picture of the aircraft for each player(like other FSX MP race missions)"?  My multiplayer mission works exactly the same as the default ones that come with Acceleration, just I've provided less limitations on what you do - I just have one simple goal: land on the carrier.

If you'd like to change the tanker, in a word, no, you can't.  See a full list of reasons and their explanations here: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=2224.msg20405#msg20405

I'll take it for another spin today and see if I can recreate the problem.

Orion

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2009, 09:36:01 pm »
Pop: I believe that the fact you can't open the map and do other things (such as changing settings or changing aircraft in session) is a limitation of the multiplayer mission system.  They designed it with racing in mind and I suppose they thought that using the map would give a player an unfair advantage or something.

SUBS17: Thanks for checking again.