Author Topic: I have a problem with GSX crashing trying to edit jetways  (Read 1829 times)

Bob Savo

I have a problem with GSX crashing trying to edit jetways
« on: May 08, 2021, 12:25:16 am »
I seem to have created a problem, the jetways were suddenly missing from KFLL, I cannot get jetways at KFLL to return to original design, it is the FSDT ,KFLL scenery.  I tried to install new jetways with GSX. they all appear but need to be edited to the correct location.
The problem is GSX crashes on edit. So i tried to get back the original jetways. I tried the GSX control panel, I tried uninstalling GSX and KFLL and reinstalling, i looked for other AFCADs. I also tried excluding default jetways.
Thanks , sorry for the trouble.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 12:30:29 am by Bob Savo »

Bob Savo

Re: I have a problem with GSX crashing trying to edit jetways
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 10:20:10 pm »
After a few more attempts at getting GSX editor to work, tried leaving GSX control panel open then ran FSDT LIVE update again. GSX didnt crash. So Now i can edit GSX jetways. 
  Have a great weekend, everyone.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 10:22:21 pm by Bob Savo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2021, 01:11:36 pm »
tried leaving GSX control panel open then ran FSDT LIVE update again.

Just be sure you don't have anything related to GSX opened when you run the FSDT Live Update. Not the sim, and not the GSX Control Panel.

Bob Savo

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2021, 02:35:42 pm »
Yes that's correct. I didn't have anything open for the FDST update.  So I tried editing the jetways and received panic crash alerts.  
So I uninstalled GSX, and KFLL. Reinstalled and still could not edit. I decided to open control panel and P3D4.5 together, an excluded KFLL was listed. I tried unchecking the KFLL file.
Closed everything and tried again. Now I could edit, without crashing. thank you
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 02:39:14 pm by Bob Savo »