Author Topic: Adding Airlines to GSX2 Menu  (Read 2091 times)

garyghostrider

Adding Airlines to GSX2 Menu
« on: April 29, 2021, 09:19:20 pm »
 Back again with a new question  ::)  ;D. Is it possible to add airlines to the menu of available customizations along with their matching logos for FSX ?? I went through the manual and didn't see anything pertaining to this. I know there is a small 2 dot box to the right of the drop down menu that allows you to explore or access other file/folders but unless they are on the available options airline menu I can't GSX to use them.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Adding Airlines to GSX2 Menu
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 11:57:34 pm »
Is it possible to add airlines to the menu of available customizations along with their matching logos for FSX ??

No, because that customization is made for P3D 4 only, which can create textures on the fly using the Render to Texture feature that is lacking in FSX.

garyghostrider

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 02:32:50 am »
 Just to clarify my question...is there a .cfg file or .dll file that can be edited to add additional airlines to the menu of GSX2 for FSX...I can make the texture files...I just need to be able to use the GSX2 interface to recognize the new addon airline names or airline codes...Is this possible??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 02:38:47 pm »
If there was an easy way to do that in FSX, we would do that.

We USED to have a Paintkit for FSX, but nobody really understood how to use it, because it required to change multiple .CFG files for each vehicle and to understand the scoring rules.

And, if we released an update to the default .CFG files for the vehicles, it would require all custom vehicles to be manually changed as well with the new additions. Not adding these changes would usually results in errors, which resulted in increased support because users forgot to add something to their repatins that might have been required by an update of the code.

Also, in FSX, adding a single airline would result in hundreds of new Simobjects variations added to the simulator, resulting in a constant slow down of the startup time, the more and more liveries you added.

That's why we discontinued the old PaintKit and created a completely new customization method in P3D V4 that doesn't have any of these issues.

garyghostrider

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2021, 05:34:25 pm »
 I understand..sounds like a road I don't want to go down..Thanks for the information..I didn't realize that what I was thinking was a simple change could have such complicated ramifications. Still, it is a great product and thanks for the good support!!