Author Topic: No parking data on GSX custom menu at gate **SOLVED**  (Read 2652 times)

portanav

• Retired (BWIA-Caribbean Airlines)
    • My Boeing B738NG Sim Build.
No parking data on GSX custom menu at gate **SOLVED**
« on: April 26, 2021, 12:17:23 am »
Hi, I installed scenery addon for Narita airport, Japan. When I access GSX menu to customize parking, the data for the gate is blank and shows the wrong AFCAD (RJCJ) used. The airport is the "NEW CHITOSE" airport RJCC replacing CHITOSE airport RJCJ. How can I get GSX to use RJCC instead of RJCJ, I am located at the new airport RJCC at Gate 2? (See image attached for reference)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:55:39 pm by virtuali »
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No parking data on GSX custom menu at gate
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2021, 09:59:39 am »
When I access GSX menu to customize parking, the data for the gate is blank

That's because you haven't selected any gate to see.

and shows the wrong AFCAD (RJCJ) used. The airport is the "NEW CHITOSE" airport RJCC replacing CHITOSE airport RJCJ. How can I get GSX to use RJCC instead of RJCJ, I am located at the new airport RJCC at Gate 2?

When two airports are so close or basically overlapped, you must use an airport_visibility parameter in the couatladdons.ini file to exclude one of them, as explained at Page 26 of the GSX Manual, the paragraph named "Auxiliary airports/helipads/seaplane bases"

portanav

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 10:58:46 am »
That's because you haven't selected any gate to see.

I didn't select a gate because they are not the gates at the new airport.

But thanks for the reply and the reason for the wrong AFCAD used. I'll see if I can fix that problem.

Regards.
regards, MICHAEL.

System: Win10/64, I7/6400, GTX 1080, P3Dv5.2, Prosim737 v2.31, Prosim Flt. Model B738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 01:14:31 pm »
I didn't select a gate because they are not the gates at the new airport.

But if you selected a gate, you would have seen the information about it. Yes, for the wrong airport, but that's an entirely different issue. My point was: the reason why your page was "blank", wasn't because the in use airport was the wrong one, but because you you didn't select any gate.

But thanks for the reply and the reason for the wrong AFCAD used. I'll see if I can fix that problem.

If you follow the instructions in the manual that deals with very close/overlapping/embedded airports, it should work.

portanav

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 01:28:42 pm »
But if you selected a gate, you would have seen the information about it. Yes, for the wrong airport, but that's an entirely different issue. My point was: the reason why your page was "blank", wasn't because the in use airport was the wrong one, but because you you didn't select any gate.

Yes I knew that. I was questioning the AFCAD data and why it gave me the wrong gates. No problem.

If you follow the instructions in the manual that deals with very close/overlapping/embedded airports, it should work.

I'm working on it now, and just trying to determine a distance to set in the "airport_visibility_XXXX =".

Thanks again Umberto for your guidance and patience.
regards, MICHAEL.

portanav

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 03:07:00 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Just advising that adding the "airprot_visibility_RJCJ = 0.3" solved the problem, and all is working just great.

Thanks again for your support. ;)
regards, MICHAEL.