Author Topic: Couatl Error  (Read 1520 times)

garyghostrider

Couatl Error
« on: April 18, 2021, 05:59:03 pm »
I'm a GSX newbie and I would appreciate some help with an error I'm getting from Couatl after trying to compile some jetway changes at KSAN by LatinVFR, I am running FSX and GSX2 and trying to "mass install" SODE gates. I had 5 done successfully until I edited a texture file for the jetways on another group and now I am  getting an "unrecoverable error" everytime I open FSX to KSAN, I have attached the couatl.log but I am not sure what this error message means :

Added Menu SubItem "Customize airport positions..." (parentId 83, id 100)
User collision geometries reloaded
Error: exception CREATE_OBJECT_FAILED in call AICreateSimulatedObject param #1 'FSDT_SODE_JW_TB_2_5_LOGO_4X1'
{'Airport': 'KSAN', 'User Pos': (32.73415833338783, -117.20336111111077, 6.4008 m, 1.8288 m, 269.63402287599934)}

Any help appreciated..I have reinstalled KSAN but I still have this error.

Update..I have reinstalled GSX but I still get the error so I am guessing the problem relates to an issue in SODE

Second Update..I have run a "Repair" of SODE...No change, still getting error

Final Update: Found the solution from another posting... "Try to remove your GSX .INI for that airport ( in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX ) and start from scratch.
I did that and I am running GSX without error though I will have to restart the jetway customization s over...Thank you to everyone who read this posting and downloaded the couatl file in an attempt to figure out this error!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:40:21 am by garyghostrider »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Error
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 09:10:43 am »
It seems you made some kind of mistake in the procedure of choosing a custom texture, since the correct name for the simobject should be FSDT_SODE_JW_TB_2_5_LOGO, the "4x1" suffix is the last part of the texture name, as if you picked up a pre-made texture from files, instead of choosing it from the list.