Author Topic: Bagage unloading unrealistic  (Read 2564 times)

Stefangm

Bagage unloading unrealistic
« on: March 26, 2021, 07:52:47 am »
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to fix the following:

When i boarded the plane, the bagage was about 3 bagage carts which are loaded in the belly.
When I start deboarding, only one bagage cart will come up and bagage unloading is finished after only one bagage cart of bagage.

It this something to fix?

Thank you,

Stefangm

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bagage unloading unrealistic
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 02:31:02 pm »
It's not a bug, and there's nothing for us to fix.

The number of carts is derived by the estimated number of passengers, which is estimated automatically depending on the airplane payload, but it can also set manually by the user and can also set by the airplane itself.

You don't say which airplane you use, so it's not possible to say now which is your case ( payload changed between loading and unloading, you setting a lower number of passenger, or the airplane setting a lower passenger number ).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 02:34:11 pm by virtuali »

Stefangm

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 01:47:38 pm »
It's not a bug, and there's nothing for us to fix.

The number of carts is derived by the estimated number of passengers, which is estimated automatically depending on the airplane payload, but it can also set manually by the user and can also set by the airplane itself.

You don't say which airplane you use, so it's not possible to say now which is your case ( payload changed between loading and unloading, you setting a lower number of passenger, or the airplane setting a lower passenger number ).

Okay, that's clear.
Is this something you will change in the future?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 09:52:13 am »
Okay, that's clear.  Is this something you will change in the future?

If you are asking to change it, it doesn't seem that explanation was very clear to you. Please clarify why, after my explanation, you still think there's something we should change.

alexm90

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2021, 10:28:50 pm »
Well, as far as I understand he talks about getting the same amount of suitcases unloaded that were loaded at the departure airport. 

Anyway other question: Why are there suitcases left in to baggage train after boarding? thats something that bothers me since the beginning of GSX. Why cant they be empty after boarding has finished?  Now it looks like "no we are not loading those 4 suitcases into the aircraft"

KR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2021, 02:28:03 pm »
Why are there suitcases left in to baggage train after boarding? thats something that bothers me since the beginning of GSX

This has been explained so many times, it has to do with limitations in the animation length and memory which were in place when GSX came out, which worked only in FSX and P3D was starting out and still 32 bit. That animation is one of the first we made, and it's very complex to change because of these limitations.

At some point we'll going to redo it from scratch, likely for the MSFS version, so it might be *possibly* be ported back to P3D. However, this doesn't really have anything to do with the question asked, which was instead related to the number of BAGGAGE CARTS instead.

The reason why the number of carts can change between boarding and deboarding, it's because it's not certain debording would always be made after boarding and after a flight. Somebody might well decide that, at the start of HIS own flight session, he's not simulating a flight from some departure but, instead, might decide to jump right away from Deboarding, as if he was during a turnaround. Nothing in GSX prevents that so, clearly, without having the concept of "opening a flight plan in GSX", when it's clear what you are going to do, Deboarding cannot always start from a previous state and so, it always look the airplane payload when it's called.