Author Topic: Pushback Does not start  (Read 3440 times)

Eckertomi

Pushback Does not start
« on: March 14, 2021, 09:06:22 am »
Hello there,

I have noticed in my last 2 flights when I am about to start my pushback the menu come up as usual then the pushback truck connects and when I choose the direction for the pushback then nothing happens even, same if I select quick edit pushback. The marshaller doesn`t say release parking brakes and the whole process stops there it does not matter which aircraft I am in. It used to work fine till now. I have not done any major changes in my sim and Updated the whole FSDT library with the updater recently, so it is the latest version running. (P3D 5.1)

Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Does not start
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 04:36:28 pm »
You don't say which airplane you use. As usual, when reporting ANY problem in GSX, ALWAYS include ALL the following information:

- the airplane used

- the airport used

- the gate used

- if you have customized the airplane, the airport or the gate

Eckertomi

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 03:56:00 pm »
Hello there,

It happens at all airports doesn`t matter which I am at. I tried Aerosoft Airbus and PMDG planes none of them have worked. Yesterday I was at LROP with AS A318 today KATL AS A321 I have not customized any gates they are all on default.

Thanks
Tom

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 06:19:06 pm »
Please provide with reproduction steps with a default airplane and a default airport or an FSDT airport.

CaptainGaming

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 11:38:50 pm »
ive had this for quite some time now. i have PMDG aircraft at all airports. itll come up and hook up. then do nothing. never says to release brakes.  ive restarted gsx and everything. still wont work. i can reproduce it everytime. ive had to stop using GSX all together.

Bruce R

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2021, 05:37:51 am »
With PMDG aircraft you need to go into the FMC and remove the chocks.  As soon as you do that things will start moving.

Bruce R

CaptainGaming

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2021, 06:40:39 am »
With PMDG aircraft you need to go into the FMC and remove the chocks.  As soon as you do that things will start moving.

Bruce R

yes i am aware, and it does it with ERJ 175, and md80. all my aircraft. it does it as well with deicing. they just sit there behind my wing and do nothing.  i can reproduce this every time i fly

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2021, 10:00:15 pm »
yes i am aware, and it does it with ERJ 175, and md80. all my aircraft. it does it as well with deicing. they just sit there behind my wing and do nothing.  i can reproduce this every time i fly

Have you maybe disabled the Info text in the simulator options or the GSX verbosity slider ?

Maybe GSX is trying to tell you what you need to do to start pushback, it's those called as "Connections" and they are different for every plane and in PMDG airplanes ( you still haven't said what they are ), are the wheel chocks, the APU and the pitot covers, and you also must be sure not to have any of the PMDG service vehicles still attached, like the GPU or the Air start unit.

If GSX is waiting for either of these, it will normally tell you in the top green text bar unless you either disabled the Info text in the simulator options or put down the GSX verbosity slider.

CaptainGaming

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 06:32:47 am »

Have you maybe disabled the Info text in the simulator options or the GSX verbosity slider ?

Maybe GSX is trying to tell you what you need to do to start pushback, it's those called as "Connections" and they are different for every plane and in PMDG airplanes ( you still haven't said what they are ), are the wheel chocks, the APU and the pitot covers, and you also must be sure not to have any of the PMDG service vehicles still attached, like the GPU or the Air start unit.

If GSX is waiting for either of these, it will normally tell you in the top green text bar unless you either disabled the Info text in the simulator options or put down the GSX verbosity slider.

i have checked all these issues, and none are changed from default. i can still see messages from the ground, like they are ready for departure and tow truck in motion, he just never goes past that. as i try now in my a320, ive been sitting here for over 10 mins waiting, i push teh shortcut for the menu and it gives me 2 options, stop here and finish, or abort. ive restarted courtle but it does the same thing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 08:11:11 pm »
as i try now in my a320, ive been sitting here for over 10 mins waiting, i push teh shortcut for the menu and it gives me 2 options, stop here and finish, or abort. ive restarted courtle but it does the same thing.

You must be far more accurate in your report if you want to be helped. What do you mean with "my A320" ?

BOTH the FS Labs and Aerosoft A320 ( and we don't know if you meant something else ) interacts with GSX, each one in their own different way, so it's impossible to say what the problem is, without knowing exactly the airplane used and, in case of these two, they have very specific ways to be used together with GSX, which are explained on their respective forums/docs.

The PMDG airplanes, instead, don't interact with GSX, so you can just refer to my previous answer about being sure GSX is not waiting for one of the connections to be removed, which if you don't remove the info text of the verbosity sliders, you are supposed to see asked by GSX.

And yes, both Aerosoft and FS Labs are even able to remove GSX notifications under their own control, because they have other means to notify if you need to do something.

CaptainGaming

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2021, 10:15:23 pm »
okay, i mean the PMDG 737,747,777 and the FSlabs A320, even the feel there ERJ175. i sat there for 45 mins and then gave up. i dont have anything disabled, i never get asked to do anything. thers no chocks, no covers, nothing. its ready for pushback. but nothing ever happens. he just stands there and doesnt nothing, doesnt insert the bypass pin, if i take off the brake, it alerts me to keep it on. theres nothing that i need to do, it simply doesnt continue the script it needs to. id be more than happy to share my screen with someone on discord to prove my point.

CaptainGaming

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2021, 10:33:08 pm »
After doing extensive research and trying everything. GSX didnt like voicemeter. it didnt like that i had the wrong output in the settings of gsx. so i guess make sure ur audio output is correct in gsx or else thatll completely kill your GSX for whatever reason.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 11:07:05 am »
So the problem really was GSX had to say something , but you couldn't hear them because the correct audio card wasn't selected in the GSX settings, or changed because of that program ?

That's possible but, when GSX plays some speech, it always show the same message in text form, unless you have disabled the Info text in the settings or you turned down the verbosity slider, or the 3rd party airplane that has the ability to control GSX has turned off its text messages as well ( the last should only possible with FS Labs or Aerosoft ).

CaptainGaming

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 05:25:04 am »
i didnt disable anything or change any setting. they only thing i did was put the correct audio output in the gsx settings and i can hear them and now the pushback is continued fully with no delay