Author Topic: GSX Level 2 with ProSim A320 - N/W STRG DISC message missing while pushback  (Read 2101 times)

simland

Hello

When executing a pushback, the gound crew inserts the towing pin, the a "Nose Wheel Steering disconnect" should appear on the upper ECAM display... but this message does not display. (When using the simple pushback tool from ProSim this message is coming up correctly)

After asking for support by ProSim, I got the following answer from them:
...I'm afraid there is not much we can do about that, this message is indeed connected to the insertion of the towing pin, which happens during pushback. The message will be shown if the p3d pushback state is enabled. Apparently, GSX does not use this facility and has a different way of moving the aircraft. We don't know how to detect a GSX pushback, so we can't really show the correct label at the moment....

So I guess GSX does not trigger correctly the pushback state in p3d.
My System: Win10 Pro x64, P3D v4.5, Prosim A320 v.1.44

I would appreciate support for this. Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So I guess GSX does not trigger correctly the pushback state in p3d.

Of course GSX doesn't trigger the default pushback, and it would be wrong if it did, since the default pushback, once triggered, will move the airplane together with GSX, so the two systems would fight against each other.

So, GSX is entirely correct not triggering the default pushback, and your problem is that your Prosim addon is, instead, only compatible with the default Pushback, something they could fix easily, if they just read the GSX Manual ( GSX can be freely downloaded at any time, so they won't have to buy it ), which has a "Developers" section in the last page, which is how other developers like FS Labs, Aerosoft, Leonardo, FS++, etc. obtained all the informations they need to interface with GSX.

In this case, at Page 68, the paragraph named "Checking the Pushback status", would reveal that, for any add-on wanting to know when GSX is starting to push, it would be enough to check the following variable:

L:FSDT_VAR_Frozen

Which is set to 1 when the pushback starts, and goes back to 0 when it stops.

simland

Thank you very much for your answer. I will let them know.   :)