Author Topic: starting enignes ConcordeX @ gate? I have FSX  (Read 1354 times)

crauds

starting enignes ConcordeX @ gate? I have FSX
« on: March 20, 2021, 03:11:46 pm »
Have not flown ConcordeX (FSX) since last several updates.  My current version of Couatl is v3.2 (build 4477).  Concorde requires engines 2-3 be started before Ground power disconnected.  According to the GSX manual this should happen.  In the past when pushback was requested I was first prompted by GSX to start engines 2 and 3 and then it connected and requested that I release brakes, etc.  Now pushback begins before I can start the engines.  If I do start the engines and then request pushback, it won't activate because engines 2 and 3 are running!  What gives?  I have tried to find someway of fixing the GSX aircraft file but nothing within that file relates to engine starting.  The manual states that GSX has accomodated that speciial case.  But it is no longer working.  Please advise!  I assume that this version of GSX probably does not allow PMDG 737NG to start at gate either even though the manual states it.

Craig
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: starting enignes ConcordeX @ gate? I have FSX
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 10:12:35 pm »
Nothing in GSX has changed in the last update in relationship to the Concord but, of course, without knowing when you flew it the last time and it supposedly worked, it's not possible to understand why it might not work today.

The only thing special I see on the Concorde default configuration, that hasn't changed in years, is that pushback won't start unless you start engines 2 and 3 and GSX will tell you to do so.

n the past when pushback was requested I was first prompted by GSX to start engines 2 and 3 and then it connected and requested that I release brakes, etc.  Now pushback begins before I can start the engines

GSX pushback will never start until *after* you release the Parking brakes so, in this case, you should start engines 2 and 3 and don't release the parking brakes until they are running.