Author Topic: FlyTampa Amsterdam/GSX  (Read 2722 times)

devd

FlyTampa Amsterdam/GSX
« on: February 20, 2021, 12:16:43 pm »
Hello everyone, I have FlyTampa Amsterdam and GSX 1&2, unfortunately when I hit operate jetways (default flytampa) it doesn’t give me the option to choose which jetway to which door which leads me to the main problem. it has 2 bridges but it only shows one on the airport positions.

Thank you all

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FlyTampa Amsterdam/GSX
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 01:20:00 pm »
Please clarify which jetway ( standard, SODE or GSX ) the scenery is using.

devd

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 01:30:19 pm »
The jetway is the standard (One that came with the scenery)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 01:37:03 pm »
The jetway is the standard (One that came with the scenery)

Meaning it works with CTRL+J ? In that case, it's entirely normal you won't see any menu about which jetway and which door to use: standard jetway system only supports one jetway per gate, and it will always dock on the main passenger exit.

That's the whole point of using SODE jetways, and that's the whole point of GSX allowing to replace standard jetways on scenery that didn't come with those but, as clearly explained on the manual, GSX doesn't automatically replace standard jetway at 3rd party airports, the only standard jetways replaced by GSX automatically, are the default model used on default airports.

This very section of the forum has two tutorials on how you replace jetways on a 3rd party airport.

devd

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 07:05:20 pm »
I tried that, I’m at gate F6 (which has 2 bridges)whenever I select the menu or hit ctrl+j only 1 jet bridge moves, I’m not sure if that has something to do with GSX or if it’s a flytampa issue

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2021, 09:58:27 pm »
I tried that, I’m at gate F6 (which has 2 bridges)whenever I select the menu or hit ctrl+j only 1 jet bridge moves, I’m not sure if that has something to do with GSX or if it’s a flytampa issue
That's the way any jetway using the default method works, and Ctrl + J is the default method. Only one jetway will move, and it will only go to the main exit when using the default method.
Captain Kevin

devd

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 05:04:01 am »
Okay thank you both!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 02:29:00 pm »
I’m not sure if that has something to do with GSX or if it’s a flytampa issue

I strongly suggest reading the GSX manual. Page 13, for example:

3rd party sceneries with animated Jetways using the default animation system, but with custom models

If a 3rd-party airport use the default Jetway animation system (CTRL+J), but has a custom model, GSX won’t replace Jetways automatically, but it will still be possible to have GSX replace them and upgrade to SODE jetways. But the process won’t be automatic: it will require editing the desired parking spots, and indicate where you which ones will have their jetways replaced.

Which is why, my previous post ended with:

This very section of the forum has two tutorials on how you replace jetways on a 3rd party airport.