Author Topic: Logo's missing on all vehicles  (Read 1652 times)

brianwhtn

Logo's missing on all vehicles
« on: February 20, 2021, 01:25:29 am »
Hi,

I have been using GSX2 for sometime now and the logo's on all of the vehicles do not show in P3D V5. They do show on V4 of P3D.
Is this an issue with my system, A GSX issue or a P3D issue.

I am using the latest version of P3D V5.1 HF1  and the latest version of GSX 2

I am sure that they showed up in the early versions of P3D V5.
Thanks
Brian

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Logo's missing on all vehicles
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 01:55:04 am »
Render To Texture isn't available in P3D V5 at the moment, which is why you're not getting any logos.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Logo's missing on all vehicles
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 01:39:51 pm »
I am sure that they showed up in the early versions of P3D V5.

That's not possible, no P3D V5 versions ever supported DirectX 11, it was always DirectX 12 since the first release, and operator logos in P3D 4.4+ are made using DirectX 11, which is no longer supported.

With the current situation of crashes due to VRAM exhaustion and DX12, we decided not to use DirectX anymore in P3D V5 but, instead, use a new feature that has been added with 5.1, that is Render to Texture using HTML5, which should be hopefully more reliable.

However, this feature is not complete yet, because it still lacks a crucial feature we need, that is support for non-square textures ( all GSX liveries are not square ), so we need it to be added by LM first, in a future update.

The, after LM adds it, we can START working on it, to translate all parts in GSX that used to use DirectX to this new system.