Author Topic: Passengers not visable  (Read 2673 times)

Butch

Passengers not visable
« on: February 18, 2021, 04:26:31 pm »
I am experiencing a situation where no passengers can be seen using using the ladder to deboard an aircraft that I have customized in GSX.
The model of the aircraft has a ladder that will appear when I click on a hot spot in the cockpit. In GSX, when I summons the deboard aircraft, it will ask
how many pax, etc, then the bus comes out and the count of pax that have departed will show all the while, no pax are seen leaving.
I did customize the aircraft with both embedded and non embedded ladder; to no avail were any passengers visible and upon completion of the deboard process
the bus will leave.

I have included a MCDX pic of the aircraft showing that there are ladders baked into the model and when animated in MCDX, they will position next to the door.
In P3DV4.5, there is the option to activate the ladders by clicking hotspots in the cockpit. Again, when I customized this A/C, I chose to embed and then not embed
the ladder and in both cases, no passengers are seen using the ladder.
Would appreciate any advise or info to this conundrum.

Thanks

https://i.postimg.cc/FHjhwxf9/Capture.jpg

This is the MCDX view of the mdl showing the available ladders.

https://i.postimg.cc/pXPbcnNj/Capture1.jpg
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:20:03 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers not visable
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2021, 01:26:20 pm »
When the airplane use its own ladder, you MUST use the "Embedded ladder" option in GSX, no questions about it.

To make it work, you must be sure that you set BOTH the door coordinates AND the embedded stairs "start" and "end" point. Also, understand the doors diagram in the GSX airplane customization image is only an example so, in this case, where's the only passenger door is behind wings, it STILL must be the Door 1, because GSX won't show passengers if there isn't any Main passenger exit so, if you use that for Door 4, for example, without a Door 1, no passengers will show.

The airplane picture doesn't have any meaning other than being just an example, the location of the icons there don't have any effect on the actual door locations, the only thing that matters is the actual XYZ coordinates so, if the plane has only one passenger exit on the back, use only Door1 and move it back there with the editor.

Butch

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2021, 02:33:35 pm »
Sir,

Perhaps I did not mention or bring to light that I DID use the embedded stairs. I customized the aircraft with and without embedded stairs and same results, i.e. no passengers
were seen  leaving the aircraft stairs embedded or otherwise. That is the purpose of this whole thread. I provided a mdl imaged to illustrated that the dev had provided a ladder that
can be activated/deactivated i.e. appear not appear using a click spot in the cockpit.
We have been back and forth many many times on the doors issue and I am quite familiar setting the door and its coordinates. The issue is seeking results after using all the rules
to work and seeking a favorable outcome. I have been as lucid and articulate as possible in presenting this issue.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:41:10 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 02:38:33 pm »
Perhaps I did not mention or bring to light that I DID use the embedded stairs. I customized the aircraft with and without embedded stairs and same results, i.e. no passengers

I fully understood that but, since you wrote you tried BOTH with and without it, I had to make it clear you *must* use the Embedded stair feature, so you won't have any doubts if you had or not.

Assuming you set both the Embedded stairs coordinates and the Doors coordinates correctly, I was left with the only possible explanation left: that you used another door instead of door 1, because GSX won't show any passengers if there is a door 2, 3 or 4, without having a door 1, that's the only explanation compatible with your report.

Note that, this is an entirely different issue that the one you reported earlier about passenger doors on the RIGHT side, which is probably not really supported by GSX right now. So, if your plane has both a passenger door on the front right and one on the aft left, use only the one on the left, and set it as Door 1.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:42:17 pm by virtuali »

Butch

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 02:42:58 pm »

I fully understood that but, since you wrote you tried BOTH with and without it, I had to make it clear you *must* use the Embedded stair feature, so you won't have any doubts if you had or not.

Assuming you set both the Embedded stairs coordinates and the Doors coordinates correctly, I was left with the only possible explanation left: that you used another door instead of door 1, because GSX won't show any passengers if there is a door 2, 3 or 4, without having a door 1, that's the only explanation compatible with your report.

Note that, this is an entirely different issue that the one you reported earlier about passenger doors on the RIGHT side, which is probably not really supported by GSX right now. So, if your plane has both a passenger door on the front right and one on the aft left, use only the one on the left, and call it Door 1.

Well, I will try another door and see what that brings (results). THe Dev did provide a right door ladder which I did not know about. Even so using one of the left doors should of
provided favorable results, instead of counting the number of passengers that departed and not actually seeing them leave........

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:45:34 pm by Butch »

Butch

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 03:27:20 pm »
Okay, I tried the Pax1 door and it seems to work now. Here is proof.

Thanks for your assistance.

https://i.imgur.com/HuPgSpK.jpg
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 03:28:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 03:28:34 pm »
Okay, I tried the Pax1 door and it seems to work now. Here is proof.

I was sure that was the problem.