Author Topic: GSX lvl 2 jetways - Dynamic lighting not illuminating jetways  (Read 1710 times)

A51Rene

GSX lvl 2 jetways - Dynamic lighting not illuminating jetways
« on: February 18, 2021, 12:30:59 am »
I recently upgraded to P3Dv5 (latest v5.1 on a fresh install of Windows 10) and I am now experiencing some issues with the GSX lvl 2 jetways where dynamic lighting does not seem to work properly. Example:

https://i.imgur.com/y2SUlqj.png

As you can see, the jetways are not being illuminated properly. I asked a friend of mine to make a screenshot of how it is supposed to look (same setup, same addons, etc) and the difference is quite significant:

https://i.imgur.com/Wxytfpk.png

In this case, the GSX jetways are lit properly using dynamic lighting. It appears as though my dynamic lighting (which is turned on of course) is not lighting up the scene.
What could be causing this? Any suggestions as to how I might resolve this?

Thanks in advance, it would be greatly appreciated. :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 01:19:20 pm by virtuali »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: GSX lvl 2 jetways - Dynamic lighting not illuminating jetways
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 02:25:12 am »
Are you both using the same settings. I know you said same setup, but it's not clear if you mean P3D settings or computer hardware.
Captain Kevin

SN737

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 03:02:56 am »
You're definitely missing the .fx (effects) file/s in it's respective 3rd party addon scenery folder, it has nothing to do with gsx jetways. Ask your friend what files does he have in the effect folder of the addon and/or you will have to use MCX to open the .bgl that contains these effect files and then search them in p3d effect folder or in the effect folder of your 3rd party addon path. If you don't have them, there's your problem. Re-install the scenery or ask your friend for the missing files.

A51Rene

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2021, 09:32:19 pm »
Thanks for your replies! I was indeed pursuing the wrong path here; the issue is NOT with GSX. :)
I managed to find the problem and it was with this specific scenery and its effect files.