Author Topic: worst installer  (Read 1799 times)

vikinggamer

worst installer
« on: February 12, 2021, 03:40:20 pm »
everytime i try and install GSX it keeps giving me an error, everytime i restart it gives me a new error and i am honestly getting really tired of it. i spent money on this and you can't make a simple installer work???

LukeK

Re: worst installer
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 03:59:55 pm »
Windows is blocking the installer. It's not the installer's fault.

vikinggamer

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 05:00:45 pm »
if you mean the antivirus, then no cause that's already turned off, besides the tff isn't the only error, there are plenty of .dds files that it gives me errors for. So yes it is the installer being impossible considering it's not happening with any other downloader. Active Sky, PMDG, Aerosoft, FSLabs.

vikinggamer

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 05:13:54 pm »
i have redownloaded it 5 times now and each time its a different source file that is corrupted, this is a joke at this point

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 05:59:45 pm »
I'm not sure what you are trying to say with those useless comments like "you can't make a simple installer work" or "this is a joke at this point".

Do you really think we'd post a corrupted installed online and, even if we really did, don't you think if it was true, we would have the forum flooded by identical reports by now and, if this really happened, don't you think it would have been long fixed ?

The installer is not obviously corrupted and it works for everyone, if it doesn't for you, it can be for the following reasons:

- Your antivirus is bugged, and has corrupted the installer because it mistakenly assumed it was a virus, which is of course an antivirus bug. The solution in this case is to download it again, with the antivirus configured to not interfere.

- You really got a bad download, which sometimes happens so, you can try this:

1) Remove this folder:

Documents\GSX_Installer

2) Download the GSX installer from our site again

3) BEFORE you start the installer, turn off the antivirus and any firewall that might also block the download of the rest of the installation.

- And, if you only see the error about the FONT, it's not a "corrupted" file, it's normal, on *some* system, it's just a way to tell you the Font the installer is trying to install is already installed, but Windows is preventing it to be overwritten again, but you can safely ignore it and continue. THIS error is not a problem, only the "source file is corrupted" are but, again, they are surely caused by a problem happened to the installer on your system, it's not the same file we have online that works for everybody.