Author Topic: Pallets separated by size?  (Read 3096 times)

p3dx3

Pallets separated by size?
« on: February 12, 2021, 04:22:26 am »
Are the different numbered pallets you can assign separated by size of the pallets? The cargo doors I am assigning pallets is too small for the pallets being called. I want small pallets is there a way to do this thanks?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Pallets separated by size?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 08:22:03 am »
I don't think so, I think those pallets just have different things on them if I remember this correctly. Unfortunately, I'm in the office, and I don't go home until March, so I can't check for you. Best way to check is to go to the aircraft customization, manually select each pallet, and test it out.
Captain Kevin

CaptainSazzman

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2021, 12:49:25 am »
Are the different numbered pallets you can assign separated by size of the pallets? The cargo doors I am assigning pallets is too small for the pallets being called. I want small pallets is there a way to do this thanks?

Easy. Go to AppData/roaming/virtuali/airplanes and look for the specific aircraft you are editing. In the ULD code section, enter the code for the type of pallet you want. The types of pallets and their codes can be found in the GSX manual. See the example below from a 747-8

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
[cargo1]
pos = 2.01 20.48 -1.02 0.00
code = (L:7X7XforwardcargoDoor,number) 990 >=
name = FWD Cargo
embeddedStair = 0
uldcode = AKC,AKE,ALP

[cargo2]
pos = 2.01 -16.98 -1.01 0.00
code = (L:7X7XaftcargoDoor,number) 990 >=
name = AFT Cargo
embeddedStair = 0
uldcode = AKC,AKE,ALP

[cargomain]
remove = 1
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 01:48:44 am »

Easy. Go to AppData/roaming/virtuali/airplanes and look for the specific aircraft you are editing. In the ULD code section, enter the code for the type of pallet you want. The types of pallets and their codes can be found in the GSX manual. See the example below from a 747-8

[cargo1]
pos = 2.01 20.48 -1.02 0.00
code = (L:7X7XforwardcargoDoor,number) 990 >=
name = FWD Cargo
embeddedStair = 0
uldcode = AKC,AKE,ALP

[cargo2]
pos = 2.01 -16.98 -1.01 0.00
code = (L:7X7XaftcargoDoor,number) 990 >=
name = AFT Cargo
embeddedStair = 0
uldcode = AKC,AKE,ALP

[cargomain]
remove = 1

the pallets I am looking to use only small pallets not ULDs

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 05:27:57 pm »
I want small pallets is there a way to do this thanks?

Their number is not a direct indication of the size. I suggest setting only one kind, look at it, then switch to another one, so you'll know which one is which, after 8 tries.

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2021, 02:17:58 am »
I want small pallets is there a way to do this thanks?

Their number is not a direct indication of the size. I suggest setting only one kind, look at it, then switch to another one, so you'll know which one is which, after 8 tries.

can you separate by size that looks better on smaller airplanes with cargo doors do not have a big pallet made for a B747

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 04:30:09 pm »
can you separate by size that looks better on smaller airplanes with cargo doors do not have a big pallet made for a B747

That's precisely why GSX has an airplane configuration window that lets you specifiy for each airplane the precise, exact, kind of container/s you want.

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 04:13:49 pm »

That's precisely why GSX has an airplane configuration window that lets you specifiy for each airplane the precise, exact, kind of container/s you want.

Pallet sizes not container sizes. The pallet1-8 I want only small sized pallets to load and unload in a small prop cargo plane.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2021, 12:50:09 pm »
Pallet sizes not container sizes. The pallet1-8 I want only small sized pallets to load and unload in a small prop cargo plane./quote]

I don't know why you think they are any different. As I've said:

- configure the airplane to use just ONE kind of pallet, and look at it.

- if it's ok for that plane, take note of it, re-configure the airplane to use the next one, and so go.

Once you figure it out how big all the 8 available pallet kind are, configure the airplane to use only the ones that are suitable for that airplane, since multiple selections are possible ( with ctrl+click )