Author Topic: Flight Replicas DC-4 C54 door exits  (Read 3300 times)

Butch

Flight Replicas DC-4 C54 door exits
« on: February 07, 2021, 05:33:56 pm »
Hi.

In P3d V4.5 I am using Flight Replicas DC-4/C54 Skymaster. This aircraft has a right side door for pax/crew use (entry/exit)
I have been trying to customize the right side door to allow a ladder to spot at the door but the GSX template does not
offer a right side pax door, so I used the left side pax door on the template and just did a 180 on it and positioned it to
the right side door. The ladder will approach the front left side of the plane and do a 180 and just sit there.

How can a custom pax ladder be set up for this aircraft or any aircraft that has a pax door on the right side?

My pictures should clarify the situation.

Thanks
https://i.postimg.cc/tT0zPnB6/Capture.jpg

I tried do rotate the position 180 degrees.

https://i.postimg.cc/qqwc9b4c/Capture1.jpg

The ladder approaches the aircraft and does a 180 turn - The Pax door is on the other side of this aircraft.
https://i.postimg.cc/cLr7bBjY/Capture2.jpg
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:28:20 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flight Replicas DC-4 C54 door exits
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2021, 11:29:35 am »
The aircraft image is just an example, it doesn't have any relationship with the actual door positions, what matters are the coordinates and the orientation.

What happens if you couple the reversed passenger door with a scenery parking customization that would have the passenger stairs on the right side of the parking too ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 03:24:02 pm »
I merged the two identical topics. Please DO NOT open a new identical thread after you already open one on the same subject, as a trick to get attention.

The ONLY result you'll get is that, you will SLOW DOWN support for everyone, because instead of looking into your issue or replying to you, I need to spend time to clean the forum of your double posting instead.

I'll repeat my question: does the ladder works better if you customize the parking to have the ladder starting on the right side of the parking too ?

Butch

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 03:27:03 pm »
I merged the two identical topics. Please DO NOT open a new identical thread after you already open one on the same subject, as a trick to get attention.

The ONLY result you'll get is that, you will SLOW DOWN support for everyone, because instead of looking into your issue or replying to you, I need to spend time to clean the forum of your double posting instead.

I'll repeat my question: does the ladder works better if you customize the parking to have the ladder starting on the right side of the parking too ?

The answer is No it does not. I managed to have the ladder approach the aircraft from the right side of the aircraft and when the ladder got within a few feet of the door the
ladder did a 180 degree turn and was facing the door of the aircraft backwards.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 03:29:01 pm by Butch »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2021, 03:28:57 pm »
And are you absolutely sure the door heading is pointing outwards ? If yes, then I'm afraid such configuration is not possible right now.

Butch

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2021, 03:29:50 pm »
And are you absolutely sure the door heading is pointing outwards ? If yes, then I'm afraid such configuration is not possible right now.

I just provided pictures ^

Looks like I am SOL then.  

In the future , maybe this is something you could look into so as to accommodate aircraft with pax doors on the right side?

Thanks anyway.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 03:34:49 pm by Butch »

Butch

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 04:18:47 pm »
With a little ingenuity I was able to spot the ladder on the right side door, albeit no crew were observed using that ladder.

Hopefully, you'll add a PAX option to your customization template for a right side crew/pax door.

Tube liners doors were pretty much in that form and fashion of your template but do not accommodate the legacy (Prop liners) aircraft that had

door on the the right side fuselage.

Notice where I had to locate the X/Y coordinates for the ladder and where the ladder interprets those coordinates. (Trial and error)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 02:03:44 pm by Butch »

Butch

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 02:04:10 pm »
Bump..... No comments? ^

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 09:42:35 pm »
Bump..... No comments? ^
What was I supposed to say.
Captain Kevin

Butch

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 10:00:33 pm »
Bump..... No comments? ^
What was I supposed to say.

Oh,,,I dunno, maybe like hey that's not to shabby how you managed to sorta got around the issue.
I saw my post sinking further down and I figured you most likely didn't give a flip. That's fine.
At least I know you read this and what you think about this. I don't ask or come here much (as you know)
I was making a suggestion and no one here acknowledged it. Rock on dude.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 10:36:05 pm »
Oh,,,I dunno, maybe like hey that's not to shabby how you managed to sorta got around the issue.
I saw my post sinking further down and I figured you most likely didn't give a flip. That's fine.
At least I know you read this and what you think about this. I don't ask or come here much (as you know)
I was making a suggestion and no one here acknowledged it. Rock on dude.
I'm a truck driver, my free time is very limited as it is, so if I don't have anything to say, I don't post. It's really that simple.
Captain Kevin