Author Topic: Install errors and missing buildings  (Read 4695 times)

Ryan_Coke

Install errors and missing buildings
« on: December 21, 2009, 08:40:43 am »
I did a search and found the "solution" tot he missing buildings about getting rid of some bglmanx file and some other file, reboot, uninstall scenery, reinstall scenery and so on. That solution did not work.
Now when I reinstall the scenery I get a Runtime Error (at 116:2188): Error on Line 51, position 20:Invalid at the top level of the document. I click ok and it proceeds to download the bglmanx and couatl files and then finished the install. I run FSX and no buildings. No addon manager on the top of the screen either. This happens on both JFK and Kord install. The scenery library in FSX says its there too. I have antivirus disabled and run the .exe file as admin. Can some please help? thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install errors and missing buildings
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:53:48 am »
I did a search and found the "solution" tot he missing buildings about getting rid of some bglmanx file and some other file, reboot, uninstall scenery, reinstall scenery and so on. That solution did not work.Now when I reinstall the scenery I get a Runtime Error (at 116:2188): Error on Line 51, position 20:Invalid at the top level of the document.

If you got this error, this doesn't have anything to do with the other "missing buildings" problems but, instead, is related to the fact that either your DLL.XML or EXE.XML files were already corrupted or had a syntax error (by the installation of another product or by having edited it by hand), so the installer gave you a warning that the file wasn't touched. In this case, you need to fix the file yourself, before the installation can finish successfully.

Another problem can be a syntax error in your scenery.cfg, which will have the same effect. Again, this is not an installer error, but a result of the file being already wrong before running it. And yes, FSX usually tolerates files with errors inside, it will just skip that section, that's why you might have not noticed it before.

If you either send me via email, or post here ( It's best to make a .zip of those files and send them via email), the affected files, I can check where the pre-existing error was.

The files are

%APPADATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML
%APPADATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\FSX\Scenery.cfg

Ryan_Coke

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:42:40 pm »
Thank you very much. ts very kind of you to try and help me. I will try click the ATTACH file on bottom of this post and try sending you those files. I was thinking it may have been the wilcopub erj v2 that may have messed up the whole thing so I uninstalled the ERJ and tried again but no luck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 11:27:04 pm »
Have a look at your DLL.XML file: there's a letter "e" added at the end, which makes the whole file unparsable with the standard IE XML validation routines, which we call from the installer.

If you remove it, it should now work and complete the installation.

Ryan_Coke

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 02:30:11 am »
Thank you very much. Your efforts helped and fixed my problem. My thanks to you
Jack