Author Topic: Sode jetways at Imaginesim KLGA  (Read 2182 times)

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
Sode jetways at Imaginesim KLGA
« on: February 09, 2021, 01:50:57 pm »
Sode jetways are not appearing at KLGA.  I read one post from 2018 that said the altitude in the xml file needed to be change from 0 to 22 but that didn't help.  They're working at all my other airports as far as I can tell.  I contacted Imaginesim support but they said they couldn't help.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi MB
Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
EVGA CLC 240 Liquid / Water CPU Cooler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Gigabyte RTX 3090 TI 24GB
OC EFIS,MCP,FWD/AFT Ovhd,COM,NAV,ADF,XPND

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sode jetways at Imaginesim KLGA
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 03:27:51 pm »
What do you mean with "SODE jetways" ? Those supplied with the scenery, or GSX/SODE jetways added with GSX using a GSX custom profile.

When doing a report related to a 3rd party airport, ALWAYS include ALL the following information, since we cannot possibly know how jetways work ( or not ) on 3rd party airports:

- which kind of jetway the airport originally came with ( default, SODE or none at all )

- what you did in GSX ( assuming you did that ) to replace them.

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2021, 06:10:45 pm »
In the configuration manager for KLGA it gives you the option to use SODE jetways and I have that option checked.  I assume the installer takes care of adding the sode jetways.   I tried un-installing and re-installing the scenery but the jetways are still missing.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:23:12 pm by virtuali »
MSFS2020 PROSIM738

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2021, 09:24:14 pm »
In the configuration manager for KLGA it gives you the option to use SODE jetways and I have that option checked.  I assume the installer takes care of adding the sode jetways.   I tried un-installing and re-installing the scenery but the jetways are still missing.

Not sure exactly how the failure of a 3rd party installer to install its own jetways has any relevance here.

Nothing in GSX could possibly affect 3rd party SODE jetways, not even an Exclude file could do that and, when you WANT to exclude 3rd party SODE jetways and replace them with GSX, you are first supposed to manually remove the SODE XML files in the SODE folder but, of course, if you did that by mistake ( is still not very clear from your message what you were trying to achieve ), the scenery installer should be able to restore them so, if it fails doing that, it has nothing to do with GSX.

Also, you must have some kind of mistake linking to the screenshot, since they are not visible ( probably they are not in a folder than can been seen in public )

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 08:34:02 pm »
Imaginesim says the problem must be GSX and you say it must be the Imaginsim installer so I'm not quite sure what to do.  I decided to just create my own Sode jetways since I couldn't find one for Imaginesim KLGA and it seemed to be working fine, they were showing up at the airport.  Today I started P3D and all my hard work on the jetways is gone.  Don't know what happened. Guess I'll start over.
I used Google Photos for my images and I can see them on my side so I'm not sure why you can't.  I'll try it again.  I wish this forum would just let you drag and drop images.

Jerry

« Last Edit: February 15, 2021, 06:23:02 pm by virtuali »
MSFS2020 PROSIM738

Jerrymc3

• My B737-800 Cockpit
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 03:28:44 am »
I gave up on Imaginesim KLGA and purchased Drzewiecki Design NY Airports and installed Cartayna GSX Config and the gates are there.  However, when I use the F12 Menu it says  SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate.  I also lost the sound on ATC and none of the menus will work using number keys, only with the mouse (those 2 problems have happened with the last two installs).  It looks like I will have to start from scratch again.  I updated to Prosim737v3 a couple of weeks ago.  I wonder if it is causing some of the problems.

Jerry
MSFS2020 PROSIM738